Lost: Season 6 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Guy Meatdrapes View Post
    Lindelof on Siyad’s Death: “Sayid’s entire season-long arc has basically been, if you tell him that he is evil, you can convince him he is evil. But if you tell him he is good, maybe you can convince him he is good. We basically decided that in a moment of pure instinct, if he did something, if he sacrificed his own life in favor of saving the other people’s lives, that would convey to the audience, ‘This guy was actually a good guy.’”
    "Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"

See, I can get behind Sayid suddenly being re-gooded and taking one for the team if there was going to be a logical explanation behind it. But that's just nothing but "DERP DERP DERP HAY SAYEED YUR GUD NAOW DERP DERP DERP!" Don't get me wrong - I don't mind that it happened, that he went out that way. But what a stupid explanation!
    Last edited by Lisa; 05-05-2010, 10:39 AM.
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Kate should have died.
      "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Leaks are already flooding sites about next week's episode. It's like ABC isn't even trying to keep shit secret anymore.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Gaaaah!!!!
          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commandant Lassard View Post
            Leaks are already flooding sites about next week's episode. It's like ABC isn't even trying to keep shit secret anymore.
            links? I honestly don't care about being spoiled.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            Originally posted by Martin
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kowalski View Post
              links? I honestly don't care about being spoiled.
              Ditto - I sent you my usual begging and pleading PM.

Comment

• Proof that Lapidus is alive.
                sigpic
                360: JohnnyChopsocky PSN: Stud_Beefpile

Comment

• OMG.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Lulz
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• ROB MUST HAVE TICKETS!

Comment

• Wow, for an episode that actually kind of did some stuff it was boring as hell. I mean, V was more entertaining last night. I'm glad the lines have finally finally been drawn but it's bullshit that Frank took the loss. And who cares about the Kwons? They've been marginalized over the past couple years anyway. And Jin was an idiot to not try to escape for his daughter. WTF.

That quote from Lindelof about Sayid is a steaming pile, too. I shouldn't read anything Cuse or Lindelof say because it gives me less and less faith in the show and those two as a creative force. I started reading the Wired feature today and it just makes me sad.

So, keeping that in mind, here's what I figure is going to happen by the end. Since they've decided to add an extra 30 minutes to the finale I assume they're going with the LCD "happily ever after" ending. I refuse to believe the Ajira plane is a viable means of escape so there's no way anyone is getting off the island. Lots of people will die until Locke and Jack have a mystical showdown in some new temple we've never seen before. Much like Agent Smith and Neo, Jack will sacrifice himself but will actually be defeating Locke. There will suddenly be a white flash, causing the timelines to merge back together. The island timeline will go away, meaning the alternate timeline (where everyone is alive) becomes dominant. Those who survived on the island will have their memories and the formerly-dead will be none-the-wiser. Mr. Clucker's for everyone!

Comment

• I don't mean to get all "defendy" about the show, but I'll admit that I am!

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                          And Jin was an idiot to not try to escape for his daughter. WTF.
                          I know there's been a lot of flack for Jin not leaving to be with his daughter, but I don't know - in all honesty, that's got to be a tough choice to make. The woman you fell in love with at first sight is dying in front of you after you haven't seen her in three years. You can either die with her, or try to not get killed - which the odds are slim on this island - to be with the child you've never seen except in pictures. I know that may sound cold-hearted, and it's probably because I don't have kids, plus this is a TV show, so it's easier to be an asshole about it. But in all honesty - how does someone decide between a spouse and a child?

That quote from Lindelof about Sayid is a steaming pile, too. I shouldn't read anything Cuse or Lindelof say because it gives me less and less faith in the show and those two as a creative force. I started reading the Wired feature today and it just makes me sad.
                          Yeah, now that I won't defend them on, because that was bogus. Again, I don't mind so much that Sayid was de-badded/re-gooded, but they can at least come up with a reason that's not such horseshit. I mean, honestly? If they'd just said, "Look, people have loved Sayid for six seasons, and we just didn't want him to be evil before he died. So we 'magically' made him good again so people would be sadder when we killed him off", I could have had more respect for them. I just want them to admit that's why they did it and not insult my intelligence.

There will suddenly be a white flash, causing the timelines to merge back together. The island timeline will go away, meaning the alternate timeline (where everyone is alive) becomes dominant. Those who survived on the island will have their memories and the formerly-dead will be none-the-wiser. Mr. Clucker's for everyone!
                          That's what I think too. And I've often said, no matter what anyone thinks, the final battle is going to be Jack vs. Fake-Locke. This is their battle - always has been. Even when they were both on the same side, the "Man of Science/Man of Faith" battle has always been there. Now it's just pure "good vs. evil". Oh, Jack will have all the help in the world from Sawyer, Kate, Hurley, Desmond, etc. But the real battle is just between those two.

And I do think you're right about the alternate timeline in Los Angeles being how their lives will ultimately pan out - this is why we've been seeing more positive things fall into place for them all season (okay, well, except for Desmond running over Locke, but aside from that).

Comment

• Fuck this show...

I am SO cereal!

Comment

• oh for fucks sake....i just now watched it
                              Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Team Rob. Fuck this fucking show
                                Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

Working...
                                X