No announcement yet.

Lost: Season 6 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And I admit I cried like a bitch when Sun ran to Hugo. Dammit, this show always gets me!
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• It's the wonderful music. I weep like a little old woman at times watching lost.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I also love Fahey's response as to why he missed the flight the first time: "Overslept".
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Yeah, and Ben's retort. "that's OK the island got you anyway."
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Caught a little bit of this last night. Cool to see that ThornbergPeckHathaway is STILL the best cinematic asshole in the history of historical history.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            Originally posted by Martin
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• He looked weird without the red hair.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Yeah, redheaded guys tend to look weird when they start to go gray.
                2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• It freaked me out a bit.

Comment

• Watched it this morning before going into work....holy balls! That was a really good episode. I was totally expecting Ben to bite it. Must re-watch...
                    Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Re-watched it online - Michael Emerson is just amazing. Why that guy doesn't have a wall in his house just collapsing from the sheer weight of Emmy statues is beyond me. His whole speech to Ilana about Alex, Jacob, and how the power of the island poisoned him was amazing. Whether he was lying to her or not, it doesn't matter - he was awesome. "Because he's the only one who'll have me!" just broke my heart - who thought this show could make you feel compassion for such a bastard? Plus, the way he stood off to the side during the reunion at the end, on the outside looking in, again - that just killed me. Standing off to the side, sleeping in the bed he made for himself.
                      Last edited by Lisa; 03-11-2010, 08:45 AM.

Comment

• I think Emerson would have been an awesome Verbal in The Usual Suspects.

Comment

• Jeff, that's true, he would have been perfect!

I'm quoting myself - mostly because I'm awesome, and modest - but this just dawned on me in relation to Ben:

Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
                          One thing I realized - and this may be obvious, and if it is, I apologize! - but FakeLocke, as he's recruiting people, is going after people who have suffered a huge loss and are grieving. He's recruited Sawyer, who's grieving over Juliet's death. He's recruited Sayid, who's still very much grieving over Nadia, who's death was very recent. And he's recruited Claire, who's still grieving over the loss of Aaron - who, even though he's alive, she hasn't seen her child in three yaers. It just really lends to the whole emotional aspect of the show - these are people who are despondent. As George pointed out when I mentioned this to him, he said, "Yeah, well, that's a tactic a lot of evil people use."

Why not go after Kate (who you can tell hasn't been possessed - she's faking it to survive, and FakeLocke is suspicious. You could tell by that little squint he leveled at her) - you could argue that she's also grieving over Aaron. But then again - not really. She willingly gave him over to his grandmother, willingly realized that she's not supposed to be raising him.

Why not go after Jack, who lost his father and had father issues? My theory on that is that even though his father issues stayed with him for years, and Christian died before they could resolve those issues, the simple fact is that Jack didn't get along with his father. He resented him, and although I'm sure he loved him, he didn't really like him. That potentially changes the kind of grief that Jack's going through, I think. Maybe it's not that same kind of vulnerability that make Sawyer, Claire and Sayid so ripe for the picking.
                          So now I'm also thinking - Ben. FakeLocke went after Ben to try and recruit him because Ben's still grieving over his loss of Alex, and therefore, is just as vulnerable as Sawyer, Sayid and Claire. And it almost worked (as far as we know). If Ilana hadn't taken pity on him... that would have been one more grief stricken, broken person for FakeLocke to swoop in and recruit. "He's the only one who'll have me" - while that may or may not be true, the important thing to FakeLocke is that Ben believes that he's the only one who'd have him. Nicely done, how that little bit of compassion that Ilana showed him kept one more from going over to FakeLocke's army.
                          Last edited by Lisa; 03-11-2010, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• Awesome episodes BUT am supremely pissed that the signal cut out when Holyfeld was talking about being on the island in the alt timeline. I'll need to go to the Hulu to see what was said about that. Otherwise, pretty great episode with real questions answered!

Also, Lapidus is so fucking classy. Even trudging around a dirty island with a bunch of crazies he still sports his Captain's Wings. Dap to Frank.

Comment

• The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Working...
                                X