X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Darabont, what the hell?

Comment

• ???
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• He quit the show last night. Claiming he never could get acclimated to the fast pace of TV production. Sounds like some bullshit to me.

http://www.slashfilm.com/frank-darab...-walking-dead/

Comment

• sucks, but I'm not gonna lie, the rest of the season never lived up to the pilot episode. It was good, don't get me wrong, but that last episode was garbage.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I didn't hate the last episode, but the pilot was by far the best in the series. The season was less interesting as it went on. Then there was the weird "we did/didn't fire the writers" thing, now this. This will either be a great thing for the show or it's going to go off the tracks.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
              I didn't hate the last episode, but the pilot was by far the best in the series. The season was less interesting as it went on. Then there was the weird "we did/didn't fire the writers" thing, now this. This will either be a great thing for the show or it's going to go off the tracks.

AMC cut his budget. Forced a faster shooting schedule and screwed with his production team.

He told them to go fuck off.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Fair play to him. I respect him for not being bullied into delivering a (probably) well below par show under those circumstances.
                "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• THAT. And in response to Billy, I don't see how Darabont leaving could be GOOD for the show. He's one of very few directors working today that truly "gets it" when it comes to filming horror. So I guess it's gonna go off the tracks. Let's just hope it takes awhile.
                  I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                    THAT. And in response to Billy, I don't see how Darabont leaving could be GOOD for the show. He's one of very few directors working today that truly "gets it" when it comes to filming horror. So I guess it's gonna go off the tracks. Let's just hope it takes awhile.
                    Yeah, but as Rob said before, the pilot was the highlight. How much of his hand let it go off the rails towards the end of last season? A show should get better as it progresses, not worse. Obviously he's talented, but the show had plenty of room to get better, and word I saw was a runner from The Shield is taking over. That's a fine pedigree.

Comment

• True. And now that I think about it, the things I liked the least were the ones that weren't in the books. How much did he have to do w/ those elements? If the answer is "a lot", then he is responsible for the flaws in Season One. Or do you think he had those forced on him?
                      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• It really doesnt matter who the showrunner is for this slightly above average show since the flawed premise cannot be changed. No matter what happens it's essentially a tv show without any kind of hope at all. Eventually they're all going to get killed and the human race is over. Trying to do an ongoing series set in a zombie apocalypse would be like doing an ongoing show based on the Road.

I don't see this lasting longer than three seasons.
                        Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• They didn't do it any favors in packaging it the way they did, but I really am curious as to whether they will have any sort of purge in the ranks of the cast sometime soon.

Because most of them are cannon fodder with nametags and little else.

Spoiler: for the dildos who haven't read sentence one of the comic 
                          Please tell me Shane gets capped. He can go suck a fuck.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by BMichaelKrol View Post
                            It really doesnt matter who the showrunner is for this slightly above average show since the flawed premise cannot be changed. No matter what happens it's essentially a tv show without any kind of hope at all. Eventually they're all going to get killed and the human race is over. Trying to do an ongoing series set in a zombie apocalypse would be like doing an ongoing show based on the Road.

I don't see this lasting longer than three seasons.
                            The show can only logically end with total death of the cast, but there's plenty of stories to tell. If they are smart and try to not push it past 4 MAYBE 5 seasons, they can have plenty of good stuff. Especially if each season begins RIGHT when the next ends, like this season will.

Comment

• Just give me Michonne, the Prison, Woodbury and The Governor.

Comment

• I have no worries at all.

<embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=1071084744001&linkBaseURL=http% 3A%2F%2Fwww.amctv.com%2Fthe-walking-dead%2Fvideos%2Fthe-walking-dead-season-2-trailer-from-comic-con&playerID=83327935001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAAuyCb Q~,-gfAmfm8njJ8S-9E4q2UfzG931rvkxuP&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=t rue" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="456" height="388" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed>
                                The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Working...
                                X