The Walking Dead TV show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
    Also: who really gives a shit about the hacksaw and its hacking abilities? ROOKER PROBABLY HAS A GUN/HOOK/HOOK-GUN OVER THE STUMP NOW, AND HE SHALL HAVE HIS CUE-BALL HEADED VENGEANCE.
    Like Ceej and I said in the last episode, he's gonna be back and look like this:

So I'm not sure I'm digging the fact they wrote the CDC into this so early. Also, I can't deal with poor man's Clancy Brown.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Well, this week's episode was weird. Shane wanting to shoot Rick seemed to come out of left field. Academically, you can understand why someone in his position would maybe want to see Rick gone, but none of the story supports him snapping enough to do something like this. Nor does his acting. He goes from sort of angry and reticent to psycho in less than a heart-beat.

Them introducing the CDC this early was almost exciting for me, as they do not have an arc in the entire 7 years worth of comics that even comes close to this level of story exposition. (i.e. there is no CDC visit in the comics, nor is anyone in too big of a rush to figure out what happened). Then I realized this is Walking Dead, and tragedy is the only plot device allowed.

Seriously, in 1 minute they introduce a doctor who is the last researcher left, show him do some research, and then have him bungle the research so badly that the facility itself burns his work to ashes. I realize this is a set-up to either a) doctor goes insane, suggests infection of one of Rick's crew with the zombie virus so that it can be further studied or b) a daring capture attempt by Rick et. al. of a walker for study purposes, but holy fuck. What exactly was the purpose of that?

And the microscope shot was awesome in its ridiculousness. [nerd] you would need an actual electron microscope to be able to see viral activity on a slide, nevermind RNA strands EATING host cell DNA[/nerd]

Overall, this episode was dumb, but not quite as dumb as the others. Darabont fired the writers because they suck, it's that simple. He sees potential in this project, but he is probably going to bring in people he's worked with before on other, more well-written projects.
      <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• The stuff with Shane and Rick makes perfect sense. You're nuts. Shane was digging on having a family to take care of (and a wife to fuck). Rick comes back, takes over the leadership role, Lori rejects Shane, etc. I just hope we get to see the resolution of that like it was in the comics.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          The stuff with Shane and Rick makes perfect sense. You're nuts. Shane was digging on having a family to take care of (and a wife to fuck). Rick comes back, takes over the leadership role, Lori rejects Shane, etc. I just hope we get to see the resolution of that like it was in the comics.
          It makes sense academically, but not based on how Shane has been fleshed out in the show. In the book, Shane is unhinged right from the get-go. I just found it rather sudden that he went from angry/sullen to psycho face in an apparent quantum-leap of emotion. Seriously, his crazy face had me laughing!
          <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• Not too sure how I felt about this finale. Will probably have to re-watch the series again. Also, fuck that guy for leaving his wife to die.

Comment

• So, sloppy writing, too much overwrought-ness mixed with some good tense action and great splatter.

'The Walking Dead' is my zombie '24'.
              sigpic
              360: JohnnyChopsocky PSN: Stud_Beefpile

Comment

• Finale was all over the place. It was good, but it didn't feel like a finale. It felt like a middle of the season episode.

Comment

• The last 2 episodes didn't feel like the first 3. Maybe that's why he fired the staff?

Comment

• I really loved the episode before this, I thought it was super strong, maybe second best of the season. This episode was just a lot of silly. I really just didn't get why the doctor was a complete nut job. Shit was horrible, yes. But he hasn't been outside living in it, so he hasn't been through a lot of the truly bad shit everyone else has. He's been in a nice safe place with food, electricity, hot water, etc. And only for a month! Sorry, but that's not really the kind of situation that turns someone into a complete nutjob that wants to take down a whole group of people (and kids) in flames with him. And the whole explosion? Jesus christ that is stupid. We are to think that the CDC will explode if it loses power? Fuck you. Make it so it loses power and the zombies break in and give us a killer escape/chase scene, where the doctor and the black lady (who cares that she stayed? I don't think we ever even got a name, let alone a reason to care) just say fuck it, and refuse to escape with the rest of the group. Lot's of stuff bothered me about this episode (how cliched to drink in the shower OHWHOAISME) but so many performances were good that it made it decent.

Something we talked about after it was over was how the show needs to give us the audience a chance to relax. It could be over just a 24-48 hour period for the characters, but give us the audience a chance to just see the characters interact for 2 or 3 episodes in an environment where it isn't complete oppression and despair the entire time. A couple of episodes in the CDC would have been an excellent chance to give us a chance to meet these characters and care that black lady died at the end.

Comment

• The only reason I can see him being crazy was that his wife was Test Subject 17 or whatever. He had to shoot her in the head. If I had to test Lesley and then shoot her in the head not counting the fact that I'm underground by myself, I'd be a bit nuts too I think. And totally agree with that black chick. Would much rather have had them find the place in the book as opposed to the CDC for the finale.

Comment

• No idea what the book place is, so can't comment there. And come on. Every single person there has lost or killed someone they love. The scientist living in comfort is the one to snap? Blaaaaaaaaaaah

Comment

• He also fucked up the living tissue stuff he was working on. also, lulz to Shane and his rape face.

Comment

• Shane rape face was the best thing all episode.

Comment

• Loved the " I must have scratched my own face and neck in my sleep" explanation as well. Rick is a shitty cop.

Comment

• YES. God that was fucking ridiculous. Maybe Darabont saw the finale and was like "No way. You guys shitting me. Fuck all ya'll you're fire jesus christ"

Comment

Working...
                                X