The Walking Dead TV show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
    They tried to explain the hacksaw thing by saying "it must have been too dull to hack through the handcuffs". A completely stupid concept given the thickness of the chain connecting the cuffs VS the thickness OF HIS GODDAMNED WRIST!
    I know Michael Rooker is awesome and all, but I'm pretty sure that despite his innate badassery his wrists aren't made of steel.
    sigpic
    360: JohnnyChopsocky PSN: Stud_Beefpile

Comment

• Originally posted by Master Shake View Post
      I know Michael Rooker is awesome and all, but I'm pretty sure that despite his innate badassery his wrists aren't made of steel.
      Ever try to saw through a bone, Jimmy?
      <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

Ever try to saw through a bone, Jimmy?
        He's not sawing through bone. He's sawing through a joint.
        sigpic

Comment

• They're tougher than you think...

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
            They're tougher than you think...
            Especially when compared to 3mm of metal. Presumeably, you would only need to partially saw through a link to weaken it, then pull really hard to bend it and break it. But hey, in a show where they can't say the word Zombie despite Zombie's being part of popular culture since the 1950's, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!

Comment

• I think we're getting off track.

Mike said the problem with the comic is it never goes anywhere, there is no plot, and characters are only there to endure misery.

The whole point isn't to get to anywhere specific (barring later volumes of the story), it's just to survive in a new and (more) horrible world. That's interesting enough as it is due to the characters and the writing. If you want plot-based narrative, there are thousands of other titles out there.

The show is routinely silly in terms of writing, but they're still trying to find the balance between comic and adaptation so I can forgive some of the idiocy (the shite dialogue, not so much).

Also: who really gives a shit about the hacksaw and its hacking abilities? ROOKER PROBABLY HAS A GUN/HOOK/HOOK-GUN OVER THE STUMP NOW, AND HE SHALL HAVE HIS CUE-BALL HEADED VENGEANCE.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• You don't work with whole chickens very often, I take it. Once the flesh and muscle are off, you're a minor dislocation away from separation.

Seriously, what is it about this show that brings out all the nitpicking and the 'sperging? Do people need to be reminded of the MST3K mantra: "Just repeat to yourself 'it's just a show, I should really just relax.'"
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                  I think we're getting off track.

Mike said the problem with the comic is it never goes anywhere, there is no plot, and characters are only there to endure misery.

The whole point isn't to get to anywhere specific (barring later volumes of the story), it's just to survive in a new and (more) horrible world. That's interesting enough as it is due to the characters and the writing. If you want plot-based narrative, there are thousands of other titles out there.
                  But its a world that appears to be in stasis, and thus is very boring. They never once run into a single character in the comics that knows anything about what has happened or what is going on in the rest of the world. Nor are the characters even the least bit curious about it. Yeah I get "WE MUST SURVIVE!" getting in the way of some of this, but what it does is leave you in a position where the only dramatic/'storytelling direction you can push your story is to fuck with your characters. In the hands of a better writer, the comic could have been interesting. But as it stands, absolutely NO ONE has an arc. There is no actual character development. There are just characters that die, characters that are hurt because people die, and characters that are nerd bait (Michone anyone?).

My hope with teh TV show is that they would take it in an actual direction. It may be too early to judge it on that basis, but writing-wise, it's pretty poor. "People get a fever, then they die, then they come back!" "What, you mean like they're zombies?" "SHHHHHH!! WE DO NOT SAY THAT WORD!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Master Shake View Post
                    You don't work with whole chickens very often, I take it. Once the flesh and muscle are off, you're a minor dislocation away from separation.

Seriously, what is it about this show that brings out all the nitpicking and the 'sperging? Do people need to be reminded of the MST3K mantra: "Just repeat to yourself 'it's just a show, I should really just relax.'"
                    It's only one example of dozens I've seen in only 4 episodes where things just don't make sense. I don't feel bad for pointing it out, the same way I don't feel bad about not eating at McDonald's because "hey, it's just a cheap hamburger, don't judge it too harshly!" There are other good shows on TV.

Comment

• Mike's on my shit list now. Fuck you and your "plot" and "excitement." I <3's MAH DAMN ZOMBIE SHOW!!!!

P.S. The fuck you is merely in jest. Pleas do not have a outrage™
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Ovaltine Jenkins View Post
                        Mike's on my shit list now. Fuck you and your "plot" and "excitement." I <3's MAH DAMN ZOMBIE SHOW!!!!

P.S. The fuck you is merely in jest. Pleas do not have a outrageā„¢
                        No outrage, only....sadness....

Comment

But its a world that appears to be in stasis, and thus is very boring. They never once run into a single character in the comics that knows anything about what has happened or what is going on in the rest of the world. Nor are the characters even the least bit curious about it. Yeah I get "WE MUST SURVIVE!" getting in the way of some of this, but what it does is leave you in a position where the only dramatic/'storytelling direction you can push your story is to fuck with your characters. In the hands of a better writer, the comic could have been interesting. But as it stands, absolutely NO ONE has an arc. There is no actual character development. There are just characters that die, characters that are hurt because people die, and characters that are nerd bait (Michone anyone?).

My hope with teh TV show is that they would take it in an actual direction. It may be too early to judge it on that basis, but writing-wise, it's pretty poor. "People get a fever, then they die, then they come back!" "What, you mean like they're zombies?" "SHHHHHH!! WE DO NOT SAY THAT WORD!!!"
                          I've never read the book but I've read a few interviews with Kirkman since the show has started and he always repeats the mantra "I like that my characters don't ask or care about the cause of the zombification. Normal people wouldn't care about the cause." I think that's total bullshit because you'd think in order to stop the plague at least some people would try to root out the cause.

BUT I'm hell of entertained by the show so far so I'm willing to give it some leeway for now. I do hope they start to address some sort of cause next season. Maybe crazy CDC guy will provide a good jumping-off point.

Comment

• Seems like the only reason for CDC guy to exist is to push that part of the story. That is IF he really is the CDC guy. *BUM BUM BUUUUUUUUUUUUM*
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Frank Darabont Axes All Writers from THE WALKING DEAD

Comment

• Weird, wonder what it means.

Comment

Working...
                                X