No announcement yet.

Spaced is on Hulu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naturally. They couldn't due a straight remake of it anyway, definitely have some re-writes. At any rate, I was commenting more on the McG thing. I think he could have pulled it off and the end result not be a rape of the original (based on his work for Supernatural and Chuck).

Edited to add: Most people who hated the idea of a McG version, didn't like it because of McG involvement. Just saying my opinion of him has changed......
    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Ah, I hated it because he's a dick who lied about talking to the creators.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Hbarr View Post
        Naturally. They couldn't due a straight remake of it anyway, definitely have some re-writes. At any rate, I was commenting more on the McG thing. I think he could have pulled it off and the end result not be a rape of the original (based on his work for Supernatural and Chuck).

Edited to add: Most people who hated the idea of a McG version, didn't like it because of McG involvement. Just saying my opinion of him has changed......
        I don't like the idea of a remake because American sitcom writers can't write nerds or geeks without reducing them to one-note caricatures. None of them can. McG's brand of douchebaggery was just the brown cherry on top of the turd cake.

Unlike the UK version of The Office, where Steve Carell is sometimes better than Ricky Gervais (although, truth be told, I don't like Gervais much) at the role of the manager, I can think of no American actor who can reasonably match the people in 'Spaced'.

Spaced is perfect and completely accessible as is. There's no need to make an American remake.
        sigpic
        360: JohnnyChopsocky PSN: Stud_Beefpile

Comment

Exactly. Unless Pegg and Stevenson write it, and even then, they'd have to find some no names to portray the actors. IT's just not needed.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

they should have it be pegg and stevenson and frost all have moved to humboldt county or something

Comment

I honestly don't want any more of this show. The way they ended it was perfect. If they feel the need to revisit, just do like a 2 hour special or something showing Tim and Daisy married with a kid.

Comment

Because as lame as that is, it would work.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Shake View Post
                  I don't like the idea of a remake because American sitcom writers can't write nerds or geeks without reducing them to one-note caricatures. None of them can. McG's brand of douchebaggery was just the brown cherry on top of the turd cake.
                  As I was watching last night I was thinking an American version of this show would basically end up being The Big Bang Show, or whatever it's called. And that show is shit filled shit with a shit coating.

And I don't particularly hate McG but I don't know that he deserves a lot of credit for all the fun in Chuck. He did a decent enough job getting the show started and directing the pilot but I really think it's Fedak, Adler, and Schwartz who carry the load there.

Comment

Originally posted by Episode 3 of Spaced
                    "She's non-gender-specific."
                    "Oh what, you mean like a tranny?"
                    "More than that."
                    "What, a big fat tranny?"

"Daisy. Daisy Daisy Daisy. It's gonna be okay. Now have a big toke of this South African drug reefer-style spliff doobie."

"So who was this girl then?"
                    "Her name was Cassandra, she was a psychic, she gave me her phone number..."
                    "That's OUR phone number."
                    "Man, she's good."

"D'you think I should lose the waistcoat?
                    "No, I think you should burn it. Because if you lose it, you might find it again."

"It's not finished!"
                    "It's finished!"
                    This is just from ONE episode, and it's also the episode that hooked me on the show.

This show would be impossible for America.
                    Last edited by Master Shake; 07-31-2009, 01:10 PM.
                    sigpic
                    360: JohnnyChopsocky PSN: Stud_Beefpile

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                      Because as lame as that is, it would work.
                      Sorta did that at the end of the special feature documentary.
                      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Yep.

Comment

Did you finish this yet Grave?
                          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

Nope. In fact, I've only had a chance to watch the first three or four episodes. I think up through the one where the creepy neighbor goes to the art show put on by his ex-partner. I feel a marathon in my future, though.

Comment

What? You should have burned through these already. SHAME.

Comment

I know. YOu know the worst part? I was waiting around for the refrigerator repairman last week and what did I watch instead? The Final Break, the Prison Break Direct-to-DVD "movie".

Comment

Working...
                                X