United States of Tara

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• United States of Tara

Just checked out the pilot from Netflix and it was pretty good. At least we'll be downloading the next few episodes to see where it goes. Toni Collette seems to be able to pull it off.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

DVR'd the premier last night haven't watched yet.
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Same thing, show looks hilarious/sad...Toni Collette looks nice.
      Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Odd show. Saw the first two episodes yesterday. Definitely doesn't have the pacing of the usual show on Showtime and some of it just doesn't click just yet. Collette is great though.

The second ep had guest appearances from Buster Bluth and Patton Oswalt. So that was alright.

Still at the "wait and see" point for me.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

I liked the premiere but I kind of wish the alters weren't such caricatures. It would be more interesting if the personalities were more subtle. I did love when the son stood up for his sister's honor.

Comment

So Spielberg is producing this series correct?
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Correct. Didn't get to watch it last night. Try again tonight.

Comment

Watched the first ep. Eh. Interesting premise, I suppose. Some of the Diablo Cody dialogue fingerprints on this were a tad annoying at times. Wonder what the "shit fit" in the shed is all about. And the daughter's boyfriend needs to go choke on a 2 foot cock.

Comment

True indeed...I didn't get a chance to see last night's ep so I'll probably check it out tonight.
                  Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Colette is good and the daughter's going to be in Scott Pilgrim. But, Colette just acts circles around the rest of them. It's not even funny.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                      Colette is good and the daughter's going to be in Scott Pilgrim. But, Colette just acts circles around the rest of them. It's not even funny.
                      QFT

Comment

Agreed. She's way above everyone else in terms of chops. Did I mention the daughter's boyfriend needs to be ended?

Comment

yes dear
                          Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

Great 2 episodes we watched this weekend. I dig the Alice alt. This show doesn't spur much conversation though. Everyone already agrees that Toni owns this role.

Comment

just watched the Alice episode today....i don't like her. although i loved when she washed Kate's mouth out, she kinda pissed me off/creeped me out. and yes, Toni rules.
                              Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

Working...
                              X