Battlestar Galactica [spoilers obviously]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

•   Spoiler: Spoiler 
    I don't think so. You have to be on a Resurrection Ship in order to access the memories.
    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• From the BSG Wiki...

As a humanoid Cylon downloads after being killed, it is apparent that the Cylon's memories are automatically stored for future use. This means that, in addition to the transmission of the memories to the slain Cylon's own resurrected self, another copy of that specific model can access these memories if they so choose. Once these memories are implanted they become as real to the receiving Cylon as their own original memories. This uploading of memories seems to be involuntary, but another Cylon must choose to access them.

Comment

• Yaaaaaaaaay, Netflix...I'll finally be able to watch this show. Now I just need to convince the wife unit that she'll dig it.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• If she does not, she is not human... and therefore, she is one of the Twelve.

Comment

• Just convince her to watch the mini-series. It's only 3 hours long. She'll be hooked by the end.
            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

• I've made a point of being spoiler free on BSG, so I don't know how to sell her on it. What do I compare it to to get her interested in giving it a try? She's not big into Sci-Fi stuff, so I may be hosed.
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• The pilot does as good a job as any, really...

Tell her it's "Dynasty" with the occasional spaceship.

Comment

• Any way that I can sell it to her as 'The Wire' but in space? She absolutely adored that show.

Comment

• The thing that makes BSG different from other sci-fi shows? The sci-fi isn't what drives the show. Further, they don't get hung up on technical jargon.

Really it's a show about morality, religion, the meaning of life, etc. So in other words the human condition.

Comment

• Tell her I resisted for a long time and thought Nathan was crazy for liking the dorky sci-fi show. Then I watched an episode, and another, and another. I was hooked. It's just that good. Especially the first season.
                      Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Or what Howard said.
                        Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• awesome, thanks!

Comment

• Yeah, EXACTLY what Howard said. I was primed to hate this as a shitty SciFi revamp of a crappy old sci-fi show. All the space stuff is window dressing for the meat of the show- the personal drama. Love it so far.

Comment

• OK, you fuckers convinced me. I'll start this tomorrow and pour through it to see if I find it so great too. Since you all seem to love it, it must be at least decent but I'm mostly convinced because ALL of it is on instant. Like all shows should be, at least ones that aren't new.
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                Any way that I can sell it to her as 'The Wire' but in space? She absolutely adored that show.
                                Nothing can come close to The Wire, but it has depths that no show of the genre ever came close to address. Like any good Sci-Fi, the setting is just dress-up for a tale about the human condition. It has flaws, but the first 2 seasons are flawless, and by the end they stick the landing. And the pilot is very effective. A good 3h movie on it's own.

Or like Howard said.
                                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X