No announcement yet.

Battlestar Galactica [spoilers obviously]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I finally finished the show last night, and here's my worthless thoughts:

The finale was excellent. I began tearing up when Lee said good bye to his dad, and then when Rosalin died. The attack on the colony was the best space battle I've ever seen on tv (the whole show has the best space battles ever seen on tv). Was it too easy retrieving Hera? I really don't think so, as it was Boomer finally paying Adama back that helped in her rescue.

Now for the God part. Look, in real life, I just can't except He exists because there ain't a single bit of proof that makes a lick of sense pointing to some huge inviso-being controlling us. But in the show, the debate of wether their is a God, Gods, or none has been going on for a while now, and having the show finally say, "Yes, there is a God, without a frakking doubt." worked for me. I can see the complaints about Starbuck being an angel, and how the impact of there being a God can lead to lazy writing, but I think it worked well for the show. In fact, it kinda reminded me of The Matrix, only not so convaluted.

I was very happy to see them finally reach the real Earth, but I was also glad they did the 150,000 years later bit. Will it all happen again? Will it continue to happen for eternity? Who knows, but the montage of the advancement of robot tech is fucking creepy as shit.

Overall, I say this entire show was some of the best tv I've ever seen.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Exactly. In the context of the show, "GOD" works. And that space battle on the colony will be fucking glorious on blu.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Can't wait to own the show on Blu. I'll be more than happy to revisit it all someday.

Comment

• Already doing it. Almost all the way through season 3 so far. Fucking awesome still.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Can't wait for that Blu-ray set!

Comment

• http://www.collider.com/2009/06/07/b...theater-in-la/
              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• BSG:The Plan sounds like it could be neat.

Comment

• That really is a pretty awesome thing to do for the fans of the show. Also, more Stockwell is always welcome.

Comment

• Sold.
                    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Shit, just the article title is great.

BATTLESTARS-OLMOS-REVEALS.

Though I guess it could be taken in the gayest way possible too. Which is also hilarious.

And I would've gone a bit more obscure and done STANDANDDELIVERS-OLMOS-REVEALS.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Still haven't watched this show (and by that I mean they're still shrink wrapped). But I did play the board game two Saturdays ago. It was pretty fun.
                        The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Originally posted by BiG B View Post
                          I'm with nerdious, never saw the show. Don't plan on seeing the show. There's way too much shit out there to keep up with when trying to level up to level 10 prestige mode.

This is why you got the tag. haha.

Comment

• **hangs head in shame** but it was a fair statement....For the record, last week I went to the VFX studio that did all the work for BSG. Real cool shit.
                            Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• Bumpity. Without derailing that other thread anymore. The more distance from the finale? The more I like it. Even leaning towards love.
                              We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                              - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Yeah so I would definitely check it out...if I had more time.
                                Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Working...
                                X