No announcement yet.

Battlestar Galactica [spoilers obviously]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is nobody talking about this yet? I thought it was good. Not perfect but pretty good. Need to rewatch it.
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• I think we're all still in mourning, honey. Way to pour lemon juice on a stab wound...
      Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• I blame my resurrected dating life for missing the frakkin' thing.

Can't find it anywhere at the moment.

ME=Sad Hungover Panda.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• This was great. Wow. Fucking loved it and a perfect way to end it in my opinion. I'll post more later.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• That battle was so fucking epic it put most sci-fi movies to shame. I need this on blu RIGHT NOW.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I want to see it on a screen a bit bigger than my monitor (next Friday seems to be the next time they're screening it).

But even on a shitty little screen, it still retained that sweeping epic quality.

Somehow they were able to jam so many of the different appealing aspects of the show into just ninety minutes (finishing as many narrative plot lines they could along the way). And the best part of it was that they made every moment count narratively and resonate emotionally. Especially the last half hour. Goddamn you Olmos.

TANGENT TIME!

Note to Peter Jackson: THAT IS HOW YOU SHOOT AND CUT A FUCKING FAREWELL. YOU FAILED, SIR! GODDAMN HOBBITS JUMPED ON A FUCKING BED FOR WHAT SEEMED LIKE AN ETERNITY WHILE THE MAIN CHARACTERS GLANCE-FUCKED. THAT IS NOT HOW YOU DO IT. YOU DO IT WITH GRACE AND A LOVE FOR THE CHARACTERS YOU PUT UP THERE FOR PEOPLE TO INVEST THEMSELVES IN. NOT GLANCE-FUCKING.

Back to it...

Everything I love about Battlestar was there (even the old show's theme made a cameo...as did the Bearded One Himself (Ronnie Moore!)).

And when that title card reading "150,000 Years Later" hit and I saw Central Park, I couldn't do much else but chuckle like a retard on whippets. In fact, that whole sequence was fucking dynamite.

The lull in action for this last half of season 4 was so fucking worth it.

Now I want to watch it all again. Thanks Ronnie D!
              Last edited by Captain Russ; 03-22-2009, 05:57 PM.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• "eve" = Hera correct?

I think it is, Lesley thinks it was Rosalin. Who's right?

Comment

• Eve was Hera.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
                    "eve" = Hera correct?

I think it is, Lesley thinks it was Rosalin. Who's right?

Either Hera or her offspring, as they'd all have the same midochondrial dna.
                    "How the fuck does your brain go Kevin Spacey~K-Pax?" - Rob

Comment

• The lameness of this series finale made me want to do this to myself:
                      Last edited by pureevilmatt; 03-22-2009, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• I can understand how a lot of people were disappointed. I'm not pleased with several things, but I think the huge leap they took at the end with the broad theological stuff was neat. It didn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that the finale was going to divide people big time.

Comment

• You go with your gut and try something different, that is thematically and character appropriate, and people bitch.

You keep it safe and by the numbers and people bitch that you didn't even try to do something different.

There is no pleasing everyone, but I thought Moore and Co. gambled and it largely paid off.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Yep. I truly don't understand the hate for this finale. I was pretty much on edge the entire show. I thought for sure they were just gonna kill everyone off, or leave it open but they closed so many different plot lines in satisfying ways. Even Cavil blowing his brains out was great. I fucking loved that character moment. Plus it had '80's Lee running around with the greatest hairdo next to Nic Cage.

Comment

• He had proto Kurt Russell hair.

Comment

• It's been 3 days, and I when I think of this lame finale, I still feel like this:

When will the pain stop?

Comment

Working...
                                X