New iPhone, Fuck Yeah.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vault Vanderhuge View Post
    What? I just got through going two days without charging my Droid and it was at 40% when I plugged it in yesterday afternoon dogg u crazy
    But were you taxing it like crazy? I've gone two days without charging and that was with playing an online game and checking Facebook/Twitter.
    The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• no ;__________;
      "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
      *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
        I barely make it through a day with my iPhone. I typically have to charge it in my car on the way home, or while I shower after working out if I don't want it to die. And I'm hardly a "power user."

But yeah, it sounds awesome, but only sounds like it's doing what it should have already been doing, ie multitasking. Nothing else really impresses me. The iAd (really Jobs?) shit won't matter because ads run now and still charge for the apps.
        Change the following if you want longer battery life: brightness, 3G to Edge, and wifi/location services/notifications off.

Comment

• I know I can do those things, but why should I neuter the phones capabilities? They should just allow battery swapping.

Comment

• Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
            But were you taxing it like crazy? I've gone two days without charging and that was with playing an online game and checking Facebook/Twitter.
            To answer your question. Yes, I do. Facebook/email/texting as well as playing games on it. End of day, I'm usually down to around 60%. Charge at night and start the new day at 100%.
            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
            - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I love this story.

Comment

• And specs:

What's new
                • Front-facing video chat camera
                • Improved regular back-camera (the lens is quite noticeably larger than the iPhone 3GS)
                • Camera flash
                • Micro-SIM instead of standard SIM (like the iPad)
                • Improved display. It's unclear if it's the 960x640 display thrown around before—it certainly looks like it, with the "Connect to iTunes" screen displaying much higher resolution than on a 3GS.
                • What looks to be a secondary mic for noise cancellation, at the top, next to the headphone jack
                • Split buttons for volume
                • Power, mute, and volume buttons are all metallic

What's changed
                • The back is entirely flat, made of either glass (more likely) or ceramic or shiny plastic in order for the cell signal to poke through. Tapping on the back makes a more hollow and higher pitched sound compared to tapping on the glass on the front/screen, but that could just be the orientation of components inside making for a different sound
                • An aluminum border going completely around the outside
                • Slightly smaller screen than the 3GS (but seemingly higher resolution)
                • Everything is more squared off
                • 3 grams heavier
                • 16% Larger battery
                • Internals components are shrunken, miniaturized and reduced to make room for the larger battery
                Already fuckin' there.

Comment

• Really dig it. Hope I can upgrade without issue. I got my 3GS on the day they came out. The changes help refresh the line big time, but we need to see how the front camera makes it stand out.

Comment

• No way a phone could have glass components. That would make it incredibly breakable.
                    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Not if its future glass.
                      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• The front of the current iPhone is glass...

Comment

• Hell, I can't imagine breaking my phone now and it feels flimsy with the plastic back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                            Not if its future glass.
                            Are you talking about transparent aluminum?
                            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• I'm not loving the sound of the plastic or glass back - I liked the aluminum one. But if that helps for better reception, I can understand.

Then again, who cares if they're still exculsive with AT&T? I won't be bothering with it till they open up the iPhone to other providers, end of story.
                              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
                                I'm not loving the sound of the plastic or glass back - I liked the aluminum one. But if that helps for better reception, I can understand.

Then again, who cares if they're still exculsive with AT&T? I won't be bothering with it till they open up the iPhone to other providers, end of story.
                                Hahaha. I love that, of all places, NY has the WORST AT&T reception. It's fucking fantastic up here, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X