No announcement yet.

New iPhone, Fuck Yeah.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The thing that really sucks about AT&T is how amazing Uverse is. It's night and day to Comcast and their terrible service. I don't know how their television and cable service is so impeccable but their cell coverage can't keep dropping calls. Also, this is pretty much how I feel about the iPhone right now (without even getting into their horrible design choices with the latest phone).

http://www.tested.com/news/iphone-4-...gh-for-me/493/

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
      Also, this is pretty much how I feel about the iPhone right now (without even getting into their horrible design choices with the latest phone).
      Glad you mentioned this - I can't be the only one who hates this new design for the iPhone. I'm hating this glass back - that just seems like an accident waiting to happen, with nothing but that horrible metal band going around the edge. Yuck.
      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• The new iPhone is design over engineering. Form over function. It's fucked. You can't hold the phone like a phone because it loses reception and data streams. The glass back is under such tension that a gentle drop is shattering it under the bezel. The front glass has been tempered in such a way that a slight tap against another glass surface will immediately chip it or worse. Gizmodo has been doing tons of work and stories on how fucked the new design is.

Oh, and new rumors of Verizon iPhone in January.

Comment

Oh, and new rumors of Verizon iPhone in January.
          Not a rumor anymore - CONFIRMED!!

My boss saw this on a stock report yesterday and told me, and then I just heard it confirmed on the news while I was getting ready for work! SQUEEEEE!!! This girl is TOTALLY going back to the iPhone this January! See, I knew it had to happen soon. I knew Apple wouldn't continuously shoot themselves in the foot year after year with the way people hate AT&T.
          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• Technically it's still a rumor.

Apple's iPhone is coming to Verizon in January 2011, according to a new report from Bloomberg, which cites "two people familiar with the plans."

Bloomberg writes,
            2 people who won't be named, blathering about something they have may or may not have seen (yes, I dislike people who violate their companies policies concerning media releases/non-disclosure agreements). Until official confirmation is given by Apple/Verizon anything can change.
            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
            - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Lisa, don't go back to the iPhone until they've fixed the horrible design for the 4.

Comment

Lisa, don't go back to the iPhone until they've fixed the horrible design for the 4.
                I'll put up with the horrible design if they go with Verizon. I'm not thrilled about the design, but I'd put up with it to have an iPhone on the Verizon system. Besides, they'd probably have some sort of modified design by the time January rolls around.

Comment

Lisa, don't go back to the iPhone until they've fixed the horrible design for the 4.
                  It's not too, too bad. If you get the bumper and you're not a moron about dropping your phone, you'd be fine. It is a damn sexy machine, though.
                  The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
                    It's not too, too bad. If you get the bumper and you're not a moron about dropping your phone, you'd be fine. It is a damn sexy machine, though.
                    I can vouch for that. I actually own one, and I am not a soft touch person. I toss the thing around. The gorilla glass has no scratches on it after having it for just over a week now. I don't even want to put a case or band on it because I am so in love with this design. Anyone that comes up and asks if it's the new one wants to hold it like it was a new born baby in an old peoples home. Like Viet said, "It is a damn sexy machine".

As for the antenna problems every non-iPhone use is bitching about... SHUT UP! I laugh so hard when everyone asks me how are the dropped calls. I have not had one dropped call for the last week with the iPhone 4. To all the retards that fist the phone while on a call you ARE holding wrong and you look stupid clinching your phone in your fist. If it really is a problem for your fistyness lifestyle go spend $30 you cheap bastard and get the band that fixes the problem. uh DUH!

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
                      <object height="405" width="500">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FL7yD-0pqZg&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="405" width="500"></object>
                      FUCKING LuLz!!! I want the iBrick! HAha

"Cust-o-miz-able" "It prints money" "I want the one with the bigger Gee Bees" LMAO
                      Last edited by Phat Dizaztr; 07-01-2010, 07:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phat Dizaztr View Post
                        your fistyness lifestyle...
                        Quote of the day...

Comment

• I know, right?

Comment

• *Sigh...*

I have decided to return to the Great Satan, AT&T, and get the iPhone 4 at some point over the holidays, if not sooner.

Look, I love Verizon. I do. But the Storm 2 has really been sucking wind as of late. I'm convinced that, as long as I have an Apple computer, which you will never pry out of my cold, dead hands, I really need to have a phone that's more compatible with the Apple system. Because in the past year and a half of trying to work a Blackberry desktop manager on a Mac, I have to be honest - I'm ready to throw the fucking thing out the window.

The Storm 2 was fine at first - nothing spectacular, but fine, I liked it well enough. But in the past few months, I've been getting really shitty reception with calls, and synching it up on a Mac just fucking blows. The irony is that after you synch it, it barely works. This past week, I was on the phone with tech support three times, and there are still plenty of issues they couldn't work out. Saturday, I synched it, and most of my contacts disappeared. The only one left was George's sister, and it had her contact in there 50 times. I had to wipe my contacts clean, do a dozen other things, and then re-synch it to get my contacts back. And doing that fucked up a million other things. And it's been doing wacked out stuff like this for months, plus now the phone call quality has been going too.

The iPhone never gave me any trouble as a device, but AT&Ts service around NYC was so shitty, it just really stunk. But now back in July, they really beefed up the coverage around here so that the actual phone service is much much better.

Also, I called AT&T to ask them how much all of this would cost me. Turns out that in the long run, even if I got unlimited everything - which I wouldn't get, because I don't need it - it would still be way cheaper than my current Verizon bill. In fact, it will only cost me $30 more to buy the iPhone and set it up than it will to get a Droid from Verizon, and have yet another desktop manager for that on my computer.

So... I think I'm going to do it. I think the coverage got better around here now, because I see more iPhones being used in my neck of the woods than I did a year ago. And I just really really need a device that's going to be more user friendly with a Mac.

EDIT: Oh, and I talked to a sales guy at Verizon, and he said the rumor about Verizon finally getting the iPhone next year is still that - just a rumor, despite what's being said.
                            Last edited by Lisa; 12-12-2010, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• I would wait. New iPhone and iPad in April or thereabout.

Comment

• Ehhh,

It's okay Lisa,

Hell, if I ever get hired back I'm getting me a new phone.

And there's always going to be a new phone down the pike. If you need a phone, get a new phone. Otherwise, you'll be perpetually waiting. Besides, any early adopters of new tech get screwed over because of bugs and other issues.
                                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Working...
                                X