No announcement yet.

I'm going to buy a smart phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

excited. Finally upgrading my phone and should be getting the new S9 in the mail tomorrow. yay!
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

after going a few years without a watch (my favorite one broke years ago and I never had the inclination to pick up a new one) I decided to toss my hat into the smart watch arena.

Grabbed a Galaxy S3. Digging it so far. Already customized it with a sweet Fallout Pip-Boy face and looking forward to the workout stuff being utilized when we get back from CA.

So strange to have a watch again but I did miss the feeling of a strap on my wrist lol.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington
        but I did miss the feeling of a strap on lol.
        What my inner 13 year old read. I'm bad at adulting.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Sooooooo my LG stylo 4 is starting to act like ass because it's old as shit and I'm thinking about dropping some dough on a faster, newer, more current phone. I've been looking at both the Note20 Ultra and the s21 ultra. The s21 is newer with more ram and a bit faster processor but the note 20 has expandable storage which I like. Both appear to have wireless charging which I kind of want so I can set it down next to me at home without being tethered as sometimes I ruin charge cables answering my phone from a dead sleep. Both have pro's and cons. The biggest con on the s21ultra is 1)price, it's a bit steep & 2)no expandable storage & 3) it's not out till the 29th. My inner 7 year old really doesn't want to wait. The Note 20's biggest con for me is the squared shape of it and the specs aren't as beefy for almost the same pricing. Any thoughts or alternatives? I use my phone for work so I always buy a beefy rugged case that has a slide on piece to cover the screen so the "look" or color of the phones really matters not as it'll be in a case pretty much 100% of the time.

Basically I'm shit at deciding on phones for some reason & could use some guidance.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

I got no idea about Androids....but get the one they made a fucking 5 minute video sucking off how BLACK the phone is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQtV...hannel=Samsung

Comment

I thought about that one, it doesn't come out till the 29th. I might wait though because the reviews on that one are pretty damn solid.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                I got no idea about Androids....but get the one they made a fucking 5 minute video sucking off how BLACK the phone is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQtV...hannel=Samsung
                Well Billiam, I'll let you know around the 29th just how black that sumbitch is LOL. Have mine pre-ordered and picked up the ear bud pro's as they were 50% off with the preorder. I was going to pick something cheaper but the wife basically said might as well get the good one now and not have to upgrade for a long time. *shrug*

Comment

sorry for just seeing this. The Galaxy phones are great. I've been using them forever once I got sick of apple's bullshit. you'll enjoy whatever you got if it's one of the newer ones. I am not a fan of the Note if only due to the size, but even my galaxy s9 is still a beast and have had zero issues with it.

Comment

Originally posted by B_Metal View Post

Well Billiam, I'll let you know around the 29th just how black that sumbitch is LOL. Have mine pre-ordered and picked up the ear bud pro's as they were 50% off with the preorder. I was going to pick something cheaper but the wife basically said might as well get the good one now and not have to upgrade for a long time. *shrug*
                    None. It's none more black.

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      sorry for just seeing this. The Galaxy phones are great. I've been using them forever once I got sick of apple's bullshit. you'll enjoy whatever you got if it's one of the newer ones. I am not a fan of the Note if only due to the size, but even my galaxy s9 is still a beast and have had zero issues with it.
                      No problem Rob, at least I feel better about shelling out the dough I did. I didn't splurge on the storage as the 512 was STUPIDLY high and the phone I have now I've never used more than 30 gb at any time. Also it's going to be the blackest black Billiam THE BLACKEST BLACK! :-)

Comment

Missed this. I'll also go to bat for the Samsung Galaxy phones. I've been through a few and all have held up great. Absolutely zero issues.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

I've had mine for a few months now and man it's great. Absolutely no issues. STILL THE BLACKEST OF BLACK BILLY

Comment

I don't want a smart phone. I want this ridiculous silly thing. I LOVE ROTARY DIALS.

Comment

Working...
                            X