DROID thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in before "Rob = black" jokes!

But Verizon's generally been good to me, the only complaints that have to do with my current Droid are hardware-related (fucking Motorola) and the fact that they gave me a crappy replacement phone that I don't want to get re-replaced unless I decide to hold on and wait another 4 months for the Droid Bionic (again, fucking Motorola, might wait to see what else HTC has coming down the pipe).

Fucking Motorola.
    "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
    *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Sounds like you should not get anything from....fucking Motorola.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Any Droid phones I should STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM?

I kind of really want that R2-D2 one (I know, I know).
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I actually like having a physical keyboard, but I wasn't a fan of the Droid's keyboard. The keys are too close together, and if you have fat sausage fingers. It could be a problem to use.

I'd just look up some reviews of the R2-D2 model to get some ideas.

Comment

Yeah, I'm on the fence with grabbing a phone with a keyboard as opposed to one without. One of my good friends swears by the keyboard. But how are the touch screens on the droids? Decent for tapping?
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

You should really test drive a few yourself. Only way to be sure.
              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

The only reason you'd want a keyboard is for typing a lot of stuff say for e-mailing ala Blackberry. Otherwise, virtual keyboards are fine for txting or short messages.

Comment

The keyboards are becoming obsolete anyway, so don't sweat it. I don't even use the physical keyboard on my OG Droid, and honestly with force feedback the touchscreens are way better than a physical KB anyway.
                  "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                  *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

duly noted

Comment

• Check out this coverage map before you go with sprint. Zoom all the way in. I didn't. I may have to get something else.

http://coverage.sprintpcs.com/IMPACT.jsp

Comment

• I never would have thought I'd be ok without a keyboard, but on My EVO I haven't missed it at all.
                        "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
                        - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
                        http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
                        http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Ok, so my buddy told me about Google Voice to help with my lame signal problem. Anybody know anything about it?

Comment

• Ended up grabbing a droid x and Lesley grabbed an iPhone. Hopefully have them by tomorrow. Looking forward to JOINING THE 21st CENTURY.

Comment

• Sarah has a Droid X IIRC

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                                Ok, so my buddy told me about Google Voice to help with my lame signal problem. Anybody know anything about it?
                                About Google Voice? I have an account, but haven't really used it like I should. Basically you create an account, get a number, and tie all your numbers you want into it. Then make calls using Google Voice via VOIP.

Comment

Working...
                                X