No announcement yet.

Coolest looking guns EvAR!1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I currently own a Mossberg 500 (12GA shotgun) and a Marlin 336 (.35 Remington lever-action carbine.) Looking into buying a 50 cal rifle and a 9mm handgun.

Or maybe a howitzer... can't decide:

Sticky white or pale yellow discharge can be constant during pregnancy, leaving you feeling in frequent need of new undies. Talk to your doctor if it develops a foul odor, itches or burns, or becomes greenish-yellow or very thick or watery; you may have an infection.

Comment

• I'd say the howitzer is better suited for home protection. Lulz
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Usually I don't give a shit about guns or gun talk, but I have simple and incredibly ill-informed questions to ask:

will we ever see rail guns miniaturized? Are DARPA working on this problem (I see it as a problem)? And if not, why? Shouldn't the cheef be fired for such a lapse in judgment? It's the next step toward laz0r goonz, and who wouldn't want that (besides those on the receiving end)?
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Why not just use a hand-held tactical nuke launcher

Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
          Usually I don't give a shit about guns or gun talk, but I have simple and incredibly ill-informed questions to ask:

will we ever see rail guns miniaturized? Are DARPA working on this problem (I see it as a problem)? And if not, why? Shouldn't the cheef be fired for such a lapse in judgment? It's the next step toward laz0r goonz, and who wouldn't want that (besides those on the receiving end)?
          A hand-held railgun is far beyond our current level of technology. First, the power that a railgun exerts on a projectile is proportional to to the radius of the rails and the period of acceleration is limited by the length of the rails. It would akin the building particle accelerator in your back yard. Sure with the right materials you could do it, but the particle velocities would be too slow to accomplish anything useful. The same goes for a railgun. We could build a hand-held railgun with our current technology but it would be vastly inferior to conventional firearms.

In theory it could be done if we could develop a very powerful self-contained power source that could exert many megajoules of power per shot (max power of traditional railgun to date is 33 megajoules per shot) and an alloy that could handle currents in the magnitude of 10s to 100s of thousands of amperes (a traditional railgun uses currents ranging in the millions.) Caveat - the gun would kill its user when fired from the extreme heat and explosive recoil.
          Sticky white or pale yellow discharge can be constant during pregnancy, leaving you feeling in frequent need of new undies. Talk to your doctor if it develops a foul odor, itches or burns, or becomes greenish-yellow or very thick or watery; you may have an infection.

Comment

• Awesome stuff Lintlicker, but I bet that guy on Sons of Guns would make it in like two weeks. He's like a gun magician.*

*I keed.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
              Awesome stuff Lintlicker, but I bet that guy on Sons of Guns would make it in like two weeks. He's like a gun magician.*

*I keed.
              Good show - my favorite was when they had that 90 year old BAMF with a flamethrower.

Comment

• I'd like to empty my clip into that guys daughter with my sturmgewehr!

Comment

• Originally posted by LintLicker View Post
                  Good show - my favorite was when they had that 90 year old BAMF with a flamethrower.
                  Originally posted by PHEDG View Post
                  I'd like to empty my clip into that guys daughter with my sturmgewehr!
                  Agreed on both accounts. I mean, she ain't the best looking chick ever but there's something just screaming she'd plow you like no other.

Comment

• Finally shot a 1911 over the weekend and it was delightful. Now I want one. I'd be looking for a. 40 or. 45 flavor. What's good?

Comment

• .45 Gold Cup edition

Comment

• Now I'm bummed I didn't go shooting last week (Dad was under the weather, everyone else was either ill or doing family-related stuff).

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                          Now I'm bummed I didn't go shooting last week (Dad was under the weather, everyone else was either ill or doing family-related stuff).
                          Same. Last week would have been perfect for an hour at the range, but my outdoor range has pretty silly prices so I skipped it.

Comment

• Heard that, Billy. Stars didn't align for me at all to squeeze off a few rounds at the range, though I was tempted to go solo, but it wouldn't be as much fun. Hoping to get the crew together before the summer's out, though - my brother-in-law has TONS of ammo and isn't stingy about passing it on to us for some target shooting. Good times!

Comment

• Yeah, the range loses a LOT of the fun when you can't scream over gunfire "hah, you suck look at my clustering!"

Comment

• Whole reason I took up shooting in the first place was for the quality time with my dad. Deep discussions, goofing around, life lessons, all going to and from the range. Great stuff.

Yeah, I can always spend time with him and my mom (they live around the block from me, literally), but this is more guy-bonding stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X