CES 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CES 2010

I went over the weekend, it was my first time but I had a blast. Now I may miss somethings, but I really did'nt get a chance to see every single thing, but what I did see I will post here.

TV's, TV's, and more TV's:
    This was the battle of the TV's between Samsung, Sharp, and LG. These were the best booths to look at IMO.
    Samsung was all for 3D, about 98% that were on display were 3D. I watched Monsters VS aliens on a 46" 1080p 240hz LED.. and I was like , it was that good. Also everyone is going slim:

Samsung 55" LED Front View

Samsung 55" LED side view on mount

Sharp Had the brightest LED's I have ever seen, and the largest at 68"

LG Is at war with Sony and the battle of the OLED TV's. In case you don't know, about a year ago Sony showed off their 11" OLED TV, 3.9mm thick,1080p, 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio, on a fixed table top stand and retailed for $2,500.00. This year LG beat that with a 15" OLED TV, 3.2mm thick,1080p, 10,000,000:1 contrast ratio, water resistant, table top/wall mount that will retail for about $2,000.00.

LG 15"OLED front View

LG 15" OLED Side View

LG also had a huge ass display, known as a 84" Ultra High Definition Display

These are the specs on the TV

LG also had a Ultra Slim LED that is only 6.9mm thick. What they did was create a separate box that all the cables plug into, and then 1 thin wire plugs into the back of the TV

On its stand 55"

Mounted on the wall 55"
    I'm Asian. I have naturally squinty eyes, which helps when reading small print/text.--Nerdious
    Sasha Grey makes my willy do things that my balls are scared of.--Ari
    Oh Wendy O. How she makes my balls climb into my scrotum.--Rob
    She doesn't have a hippo shaped cock.--Ari

Now here is what back of a gaming truck should look like

Nothing like playing Rock Band 2 on the side of a truck

Some cool gaming shelf's
    www.iwantmygameon.com

This guy was playing Zuma on a full touch screen overlay that fits almost any size TV

Some other cool stuff to check out:

If you are looking for vinyl covers for your phones,ipods,PSP XBOX's or laptops go to
    www.musicskins.com or www.gelaskins.com

If you want some hard covers,carrying cases or stickers for your phone
    go to:
    www.cellairis.com

for only Iphone go to
    www.gogo-usa.com

for designer earbuds
    www.theankit.com

Navigation for Iphone, android phones or Windows phone
    www.copilotlive.com

For a badass helicopter with 4 blades, wifi, and has 2 cameras, that is controlled by Iphone or Ipod touch
    www.parrot.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aDE5...eature=related
    I'm Asian. I have naturally squinty eyes, which helps when reading small print/text.--Nerdious

Comment

Geekgasm!! I <3 tech
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

AWESOME.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I'm digging the translucent touch displays I believe Samsung has at the show. So much closer to Minority Report.

Comment

I just want the drugs Tom Cruise is hooked on in the movie. Looks like my old asthma inhaler. Also, the cars that run automatically. Fuck a new tv. Give me a goddamn car I don't have to drive.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Those are called subways.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                CEO guy took it in stride. Betting that screen gets altered.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Or buses.

Or trains.
                  We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                  - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                    Those are called subways.
                    Originally posted by Howard View Post
                    Or buses.

Or trains.
                    Har har. I'm talking about TimeCop type shit. I can drive it if I want, but if I'm sloshed I can just say "Home" and it gets me there.

Or give me a Johnny Cab.

Comment

I'm wondering if Lazy Panda isn't really Rob?
                      We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                      - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

No, I'm "I have incredible anxiety when driving" panda.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                          I just want the drugs Tom Cruise is hooked on in the movie. Looks like my old asthma inhaler. Also, the cars that run automatically. Fuck a new tv. Give me a goddamn car I don't have to drive.
                          I use an albuterol inhaler once in a while and every time I use it I think, "In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king."

Comment

I forgot bout this product for those of you who want to do some Dj for cheap
                            http://www.merkuryinnovations.com/pr...duct_id=100388

Comment

Working...
                            X