No announcement yet.

I want this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed, Apple reveals their iPhone/iPod Touch during WWDC, which will be June 28th-July 2 this year.
    The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
      You AZN's and your SC.
      OK. Fine. I want to be able to play Diablo III.

Comment

• Lenovo's U1 seems like it would be much better.

Comment

• And forget about Verizon iPhones. Not with this new AT&T deal for data on the tablet. Unless Apple threw AT&T a bone on the tablet just so they can go Verizon, but I doubt it.

Comment

• If so, no iPhone for me then.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Originally posted by BiG B View Post
                Damn, hopefully the second version will hopefully take care of the essential shit.
                That's the problem, they shouldn't have to make a second version to fix the things that it should've been in it in the first place.. Apple tends to do that
                I'm Asian. I have naturally squinty eyes, which helps when reading small print/text.--Nerdious
                Sasha Grey makes my willy do things that my balls are scared of.--Ari
                Oh Wendy O. How she makes my balls climb into my scrotum.--Rob
                She doesn't have a hippo shaped cock.--Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by Fej View Post

Pros: Fantastic, wonderful picture! I put in a standard DVD into a blu ray player and it was BREATH TAKING on this set. SO bright and crisp - the avalanche footage felt almost 3-D.
                  Cons: The lip sync problem can be fixed without the firmware update from LG, but it's ridiculous that it exists and that LG customer service don't know the relatively simple fix that I've come across - it caused me some angst.
                  Summary: This television is amazing in terms of picture. It's just beautiful. Turn dejudder off. It will annoy you - everything looks like home handicam footage and you can't watch a minute of a movie without it really getting on your nerves - there's no blur issue with it off. Dejudder is an evil across the flat panel world, so it's hard to blame anyone for having it, but the default should be "off" - you can set it to "off" (from the default "low") under the "Picture" setting in the menu.

Now for the lip sync problem. This is a problem that you'll see when you use an HDMI cable from at least certain HD cable boxes. Mine is a Motorola DCX3000 from Comcast. The sync problem is PRONOUNCED. It is less so with the component cables but there a bit. The FIX for this is to go into your cable box settings - for my DVR this is done by keeping the TV on, powering off the box with the button and then hitting menu on the box or remote. I then go into "other HDMI settings" (or something like that) and under Audio - SWITCH IT FROM AUTO OR DOLBY OR PASS THROUGH TO PCM AUDIO - THIS IS CALLED "L-PCM" ON MY BOX and that will fix the audio sync problem.

The other way to address it is to use a receiver / external speakers for your audio. If you call LG, they will ask you a bunch of questions and tell you that someone is going to call you to set up an appointment to come with a firmware upgrade and make adjustments that might fix it. Fine, but in the meantime you're getting gray hairs. I came across the PCM audio setting fix on a message board and after using it I wanted to post it here so that others could benefit from it.

By the way, if you have the same HD DVR as I noted above, I found the manual in pdf on-line with a quick Google search.

Updated on Dec 14, 2009UPDATE - the PCM audio fix worked for a lot of content but not all (HD NBC 30 Rock being an example); also the quality was a little dodgy - the gloss surround scratched with fine scratches very, very easily. So, it went back to the store and was replaced with a Sony XBR9 40", which has no sync problem and appears to have much better build quality.

CNET, if you're listening, I think a nice addition to your TV reviews would be a paragraph on build quality. The LH90 is made in Mexico and feels like it's made out of Lunchable plastic. The LED brightness is great, but that needs to be weighed along with the package it's in - will this thing last 10 years? Given that the sync problem was never fully resolved and the dodgy build quality (but a bit better than the LG SL series, where the front is a film that easily peals off), I'd give it a three in my revised rating.
                  Dunno Jeff.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• !!! It comes with a fucking cape! AHAHAHAHAHAHAA.

Awesome.

Comment

• Sigh. I would wear it. With a New Era Star Wars cap. But not flat bill or tipped to the side. Far too white for that.

Comment

• AHAHAHAHAHA.

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" id="ordie_player_f7a03edbd7" height="328" width="512">

<embed flashvars="key=f7a03edbd7" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" quality="high" src="http://player.ordienetworks.com/flash/fodplayer.swf" name="ordie_player_f7a03edbd7" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="328" width="512"></object>

Comment

• Foldable R/C cars:

Comment

• Love that Google has Apple right in it's sights.

http://www.techcrunch.com/2010/02/01...tablet-photos/
                            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                            - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Ugh. But it'll be running the Chrome OS which still means very limited capabilities to software.

Comment

• Initially, maybe. All depends on how Chrome OS is embraced.
                                We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                                - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                                X