No announcement yet.

The Kickball Stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, since you won´t get any three lions friendly these days, let me tell you about those Tanks destroying Brazil today in a non sequitur way.

Damn. I know it was just a meaningless friendly scheduled at the worst moment, meaning sandwiched between the first and second leg of the season, but this team is so ripe of potential. No, I am not talking about the mere shadow of a legend called Brazil, I am talking about the German ones. I am really impressed that Löw managed in recent years not only to emulate Spain (is there any serious debate that this is the team of the decade?) in an impressive way but even to develop a very flexible playing style. Given the fact that one could make an offensive midfield with Müller, Özil and Götze (learn those ö´s, ü´s and whatnot!) I have to admit that I have never seen a team that has such and excellent and broad quality from 1 - 22 in the squad.

Especially Götze needs a special mention. This guy will be a name to reckon with. I´d be not surprised a bit if he will be hunted by ManU, Barca and the likes in the coming decade.

Comment

• That squad is terrifying.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Yeah, but we are still gonna loose against Spain for the decade to come.

Comment

• It'll be a hell of a show.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Jurgen managed to squeeze a tie out of last nights game against Mexico after making some good sub choices. Woot.

Comment

• Hahaha! Jürgen!

I am very curious how that is gonna play out for you in the long run.

Comment

• Just a footy-related pic...

Spoiler: honest! really! it's footy-related! 

Comment

• Yesterday....

What can you say?

There's an essay in the goals alone, never mind the quality that led to them. Or the plays that didn't even lead to goals! Incredible.
                  "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• The potential danger of relegation and Arsene Wenger's extreme hubris has made the Tuesday Club podcast an absolutely hilarious listen.

Yet seeing the wind being not only blown out of their sails, but their sails also being set on fire, their lifeboats all springing leaks, and their buffet only having marmite and leathery old bagels on hand, this season has been less than appointment viewing. In fact, it has been downright horrifying to witness. And yet I watch.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I knew it couldn't last forever, but it's a real shame to see our run of romantic, Roy of the Rovers football (you score 4, we'll score 5) come to an end. It was the stuff of dreams and probably the longest I've been confident in United's chances of successive victories in a very long time. That might seem an odd thing to say considering the team I'm talking about, but you never know with United. They're that prone to odd slip-ups (Basel) that it's never really a foregone conclusion.

The Chelsea match is a case in point. Form usually goes out the window when the big teams clash because it's such a "political/psychological" clash, a mini-Cup Final every time. But there was almost an inevitability about United beating Chelsea a few weeks ago. Considering how close those games usually are, that's pretty amazing when you think about it.
                      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• My favorite ones to watch are the derbys. Even if they try to censor the chants by lowering the stadium volume on the broadcast (Robbing me of incredibly creative vulgarity? HOW DARE YOU?), crowd participation/animosity/bitterness is switched up to '11' every time. ALWAYS a great watch.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
                          My favorite ones to watch are the derbys.... crowd participation/animosity/bitterness is switched up to '11' every time. ALWAYS a great watch.
                          I know what you're saying, but believe me, the Premiership has nothing on the Irish League. And that's not just me trying to make a lazy joke. Believe me. It still routinely astounds me how vitriolic fans get, sometimes over the most insignificant events. I've literally heard grown men shout "let 'im die!" (and sound an awful lot like they mean it) at an opposition player who's been hurt in a tackle.

Passion is a good thing, but some of those guys need a reality check. Stat.

Comment

• Oh yeah. They're insane. I don't think I could even try to contemplate the level of bloodlust invoked on a given Saturday in the FAI.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Oh, it's The Irish Football Association (I.F.A) that's the governing body for football up here. The Football Association of Ireland (F.A.I.) is the equivalent for the Airtricity League in the Republic. Although I can't imagine there being much difference in either set of fans, based on the songs I know that get trotted out when sides meet in cross-division cup matches.

Sectarianism is alive and well, it saddens me to say, my friends.

Comment

• Separate club affiliations on the isle?

The wonders, they never cease.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X