Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :: jots down names on his 'shit list'... ::

Comment

• Baseball is the golf of major league sports (on TV it is a chore). Going to the park to see a game is fun as hell in spite of the sport being played and can usually be placed at the feet of binge drinking and doing the wave.

Spoiler: For today, I don't even know why I still do this at all... 
      Portugal nuked Kim Jong Potato, Chile beat the noninterventionists,
      and the last game of the day should be fun. Or Spain might just shit the bed like last match (doubtful, but this Cup has been crapshoot for some).
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Score for Espana
        Last edited by Ed Hocken; 06-21-2010, 12:51 PM.
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Futbol has been a blast to watch. I will continue watching post World Cup...finally I have something to entertain me between baseball seasons....
          Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• Best bonus: no fucking commercials. I can sit and drink the entire time, provided I have stocked my booze cauldron correctly.

And diving is hilarious sometimes.

Like this game. Holy shit the last 10' of the half was littered with it.

I agree Doc Blumps. This first round has been a blast.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The no commercials thing is the biggest plus of them all...If I can get 45 mins of uninterrupted sports I am a happy panda
              Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• The French are losing!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Kind of wish the hosts had stayed in it.

I wonder if Domenech will strangle someone as part of the pre-flight prep...?

With that said, FORLAN IS THE MAN (still...even though the header wasn't his).
                  Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-22-2010, 09:58 AM.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Must be a huge embrassement for France. HUGE

Comment

• They can go fuck themselves.

They earned this.

Ireland should have been here. At least there'd be a TEAM on the field.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Alls I know is that Ireland will be loving this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                          Still, the more I think about it. I think hockey is soccer on ice with sticks.
                          That's, essentially, why I've always had a bit of a soft spot for hockey. Between it, baseball, and basketball, "football on ice" always comes out in first place.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          And not gay. And less boring. And with more action.
                          Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          It is. It just that it,s 20 seconds in a long ass 2-3 hours borefest. That ended 1-0.
                          I've always struggled to understand why football is so widely regarded as "boring" in what I'll call "the Far West", for the sake of political inclusiveness. Just because there aren't goals flying in (or people getting knocked out) every two minutes doesn't mean it's boring. It's tactics, drama, and suspense are incredibly immersive, making goals and other "high action" moments all the more exciting.

Originally posted by Prof. Frank VonBlumpington View Post
                          Futbol has been a blast to watch. I will continue watching post World Cup...finally I have something to entertain me between baseball seasons....
                          Good lad! I'm glad you're enjoying it so much. I'm sure you've heard this plenty already on whatever coverage you've been watching, but the football in this tournament is far from the pinnacle of world football. It's been somewhere between a Michael Bay and Bryan Singer outing. You should watch the Champions League when it starts up again in the new season. That's where the Kubrick/Scorsese action is.

I didn't shed any tears at France's exit, but only because the means of their departure meant South Africa missed out on a spot that I would argue their performance today deserved.
                          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Watch American Football. Or Hockey. Compare to Soccer. It's boring.

But I have to be honest; we have no team here. It's growing, but we won't be in any Major tournament in a long while. May then I'll catch it on. Or it the son starts playing it.
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                              Watch American Football. Or Hockey. Compare to Soccer. It's boring.

But I have to be honest; we have no team here. It's growing, but we won't be in any Major tournament in a long while. May then I'll catch it on. Or it the son starts playing it.
                              Football is undone by commercials. This WC has ruined it for me. (I'll stay with the college game though.)

I don't give a fuck about it, and loathe the fans of my local team of twatwaffles and their owner.

I'll stick to kickball and kickball on ice. Boring my ass, Martin.

And agreed on France, Bobby. They stuck it in and broke it off for Seth Effrika today.
                              Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-22-2010, 10:52 AM.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• At least soccer keeps moving, American Football is a bunch of helmets crashing together. Wait five minutes, crash again.
                                Last edited by Ed Hocken; 06-22-2010, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X