2010 Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mister B View Post
    I want to sincerely congratulate Lesley. Kudos on the Twinkies winning the AL Central, If anything should happen to the Yanks I will be rooting for you.
    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

And for "Best Performance By A Pro Baseballer Who Should Have Been A Soccer Player"...

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap;_y...?gid=300921110

The ball skipped past Posada’s shin and he instantly headed toward first base—it was impossible to tell from replays whether the pitch grazed his pants leg and besides, umpires make that call based on sound, rather than sight.

Shields, catcher Jaso and manager Joe Maddon calmly discussed it with Everitt, surely still smarting from Jeter’s admitted act last week after a Rays pitch hit the knob of his bat, not him. Maddon came out again when the inning ended to talk with Everitt, maybe thinking that after an episode of Jeter Cheater, it should be Posada Nada.

Maddon said his “guys told me it didn’t hit him.”

“But we’re in New York, we’re also close to the theater district and more power to them,” Maddon said.

Comment

and I quote "If you're not cheating, you're not trying hard enough to win". That's my word.
        Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

and I quote "If you're not cheating, you're not trying hard enough to win". That's my word.
          Ahhh, it all makes sense now.
          If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

OH snaps - I just checked the AL standings and see that the Yankees are not 1st in their division.... but Tampa Bay is...
            If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

It matters little...

The Phils are in there like swimwear.

Comment

That's not even the same League... let alone division...

And we are talking about the Yankees not being first in their division... how does this not matter?

Comment

Er... because I'm not a Yankers fan?

They are the Man U of MLB.

Comment

Oh, I get excited BECAUSE I'm not a Yankees fan... I like to see them not be first... it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Lesley View Post
                      OH snaps - I just checked the AL standings and see that the Yankees are not 1st in their division.... but Tampa Bay is...
                      They are also first in baseball. Just sayin.

Now no more comments until Post Season. I will not jinx their pristine standings,
                      We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                      - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

FFFFUUUUUUUU

Comment

FFFFUUUUUUUU
                          Don't worry too much - there is always the wildcard.

Comment

Originally posted by Lesley View Post
                            Don't worry too much - there is always the wildcard.
                            Which is the 2nd worse thing to happen to professional baseball... besides free agency.

Comment

Well, I wouldn't want to be the one getting the wildcard - but I was trying to lift Bryan's spirits.

Comment

Originally posted by V View Post
                                Which is the 2nd worse thing to happen to professional baseball... besides free agency.
                                That's just stupid...no disrespect, but I would have to assume you are not a big fan of baseball...the wild card adds an extra series/variable making the post season that much more interesting.

Now if they were to add another wild card, that would be horrendous. Just like adding another game to the NFL season...

But I digress, the fucking Yanks are taking it all. Can't wait to put up like 6 runs on Liriano.

Comment

Working...
                                X