This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
    Saw this coming for awhile. Barnes and Noble will likely follow, as the juggernaut that is Amazon.com usually has both of 'em beat on pricing.

Barnes and Noble is doing what Borders didn't do. They're investing like a motherfucker in side industries and trying to hedge their bets. Right now, B&N is the highest holding shareholder in Gamestop.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
      Anderson gets the square on that one.

I'm just surprised it took this long.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
        Barnes and Noble is doing what Borders didn't do. They're investing like a motherfucker in side industries and trying to hedge their bets. Right now, B&N is the highest holding shareholder in Gamestop.
        Good to know, and hope B&N can prosper, as I have two of them in my vicinity, along with a relatively new Borders over at the Freehold Raceway Mall. Like a jackal, however, I'll be checking out that Border's carcass for whatever deals I can get if it goes out of business.

Comment

• We've got a HUGE Border's location off of 494, next to the Best Buy headquarters. I'll be cannibalizing that corpse this weekend, oh yes.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
            I'm on the same page (HA!) with you re: newspapers. Also, never even considered reselling any books via Amazon (as I usually crack open my older books every so often - just found my folks' complete James Bond paperback run from the 60's, so those are getting reread soon). Might try that out - thanks, Ed!
            You may not get much for regular books, but it's a great way to shed inventory outside of dropping a box at Goodwill. And I love Amazon's used book store, it's a great resource and a great way to pickup paperbacks.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• If you're a comics geek, this sucks: Dwayne McDuffie.

Sucks - I really liked his stuff, too.

Comment

• OH FUCKING FUCK

DEATH YOU STUPID CUNT
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Ed'll probably get bummed over this one - as will all Dr. Who fans.

R.I.P. Brigadier.

Comment

• I had no idea he was still alive. The Brigadier was a classy guy and the Third Doctor should get more recognition than he gets.
                    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• R.I.P. Mike Starr (bassist from AIC)
                      We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                      - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Heard about that earlier, Howard - damn shame. Dude had his share of demons.

Comment

• I hate to say it but the writing was on the wall when he was on celeb rehab. Dude just had it so bad he couldn't get on the right track.
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Yeah, I saw part of his stint on Celeb Rehab as well. Damned shame that he simply couldn't pull it together.
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• The ZUNE.

Comment

• sucks. I always dug the Zune morethan the ipod.
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X