Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haven't heard anything since the second album, which I thought blew.
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• IOWA is great. Subliminal was pretty fucking awesome too. I was just listening to their live album on the way to work today.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Well now since he's dead I must buy them all!!

Comment

• I'm not INTO Slipknot, but I don't hate them. There is some talent in the band and it occasionally shines through (as has been mentioned, Corey's got a good voice when he actually SINGS), but they're just not my bag.

I will admit to really loving 'Psychosocial', though. I'll crank that one up if it comes on the radio.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• And that's funny as that album is their worst IMO. But I do dig on that song.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Psychosocial is a great song (My dad loves it, haha). They would quadruple their sales if Corey would stop screaming and grunting. The population that digs that is so small, and again, Corey has a great voice. Look what happened to Avenged Sevenfold when their guy started singing, and he fucking sucks.
              "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
              - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
              http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
              http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

• I loved Avenged before he started singing. I don't want Stone Sour dammit. I want gutteral noises that I can pump my fist to. But I'm weird like that. One of my favorite songs is "eyeless"

Comment

• I always just felt Stone Sour had a dramatic lack of Jordison, and overall edge. I don't think that edge needs to be filled with screaming though,for me personally, it gets uninteresting after a full verse of it. Don't get me wrong, there's a market for that kind of thing (obviously, since you're into it), but it's limited. Speaking of Stone Sour, something tells me their bass player is getting fitted for some sort of mask as we speak.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Miller View Post
                    Psychosocial is a great song (My dad loves it, haha). They would quadruple their sales if Corey would stop screaming and grunting. The population that digs that is so small, and again, Corey has a great voice. Look what happened to Avenged Sevenfold when their guy started singing, and he fucking sucks.
                    Agreed 100%.

Not a big fan of A7X, but I'll actually pick up their new album when it comes out....Mike Portnoy (of Dream Theater) did the drums for it.
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                      Agreed 100%.

Not a big fan of A7X, but I'll actually pick up their new album when it comes out....Mike Portnoy (of Dream Theater) did the drums for it.
                      Really? Were they gearing up to record when the drummer died? Seems kind of fast.

Comment

• I don't even think I've heard of Psychosocial. Only song by Slipknot I could stand is Let It Bleed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                          Really? Were they gearing up to record when the drummer died? Seems kind of fast.
                          From what I understand, yes. They had the album written and worked out at the time that he died. Portnoy was 'the Rev's' favorite drummer, so they asked him to fill in for the recording of the album. Apparently, it went so well that Portnoy is going to actually tour with A7X for this album. He isn't leaving Dream Theater, though...this is apparently a one-off tour to help the band find an actual replacement drummer for 'the Rev'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            Agreed 100%.

It feels blasphemous to say this, but is Portnoy fast enough? Say what you will about a7x (and I don't say much), but the guitarists and now former drummer were lightning fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Miller View Post
                              It feels blasphemous to say this, but is Portnoy fast enough? Say what you will about a7x (and I don't say much), but the guitarists and now former drummer were lightning fast.
                              Portnoy IS fast enough. That won't be a problem.

and yeah, 'Synyster Gates' can fucking shred. I'm not a big fan of his style, but he's certainly got the chops.

Comment

• Synyster Gates, for fucks sake. Another band that can't get out of their own fucking way. Lose the stupid names, and get a singer who doesn't sound like a bad copy of Dave Mustaine, and I'll be a lot more interested.

Comment

Working...
                                X