Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved that dude. Great in Friends as well. bummer.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Awww, not Mr. Treeger! What a bummer.
      Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• George Perez died.

Only met him once, but he is one of the pinnacle Marvel/DC artists of the last 45 years.

So much of modern DC is shaped by his designs.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• We also lost Neal Adams last week, too. Both he and Perez had a massive hand in shaping the look and feel of DC Comics visually back in the day. Adams' Batman in the 70s did more for me in defining the character than any other artist, including Frank Miller's take, which Hollywood still can't let go of.

Perez could cram a massive amount of detail into a panel, and not overwhelm the reader - a very deft trick that few artists nowadays can pull off. Team books like Teen Titans (the most legendary of his comics work), Justice League, and the Avengers, were easily his bread and butter, and that made me a big fan of his.

Comment

• This sucks...

Fred Ward, age 79.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• That sucks. Gonna have to watch Remo Williams again here real soon.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Been awhile since I saw The Right Stuff and Cast a Deadly Spell, and I'm always down to revisit Tremors 1 and 2. I'ma do it for Fred, yo.

Comment

• RIP Vangelis....I shall pop on the Blade Runner soundtrack during my lunch break.

Comment

• I still cite this as his best individual piece of music:
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Ray Liotta dead. Bummer.

Comment

• What in the actual fuck???? only 67???

Comment

• Alan White of Yes, 72
                          Andy Fletcher of Depeche Mode, 60.

Someone pull the reaper aside and tell him to slow down, please.

Comment

• Liotta really hits.

Comment

• Fuck
                              Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Kind of stunned about Liotta - recently watched The Many Saints of Newark and he was stellar in it, as always, as well as a rewatch of Goodfellas. Passed way too young.

Comment

Working...
                                X