Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see where Matt is coming from, even if he won't concede the point that there are bits in Running Man that are enjoyable to the drunk teenager in all of us.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Meh, I can see it not being somebody's "thing" but garbage? GARBAGE?!?!
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• One man's garbage is another man's fuel for his time-traveling Delorean.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Well Running Man does get me to 88MPH so there's that. The Dude abides man.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• It does have good moments here and there, but they are few and far between with waaaaay too much shit. It looks cheap, the action is poorly choreographed, and the humor is flat. I remember hating it when i saw it in the theaters.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Jesse Ventura as Captain Freedom. All arguments are invalid.

Last edited by Timothy225; 06-04-2012, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• It is a shit movie directed by Starsky, but it works for what it is. A childish attempt at adapting a second-rate King story.

Still, I support any movie that keeps Yaphet Kotto working.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                  It is a shit movie directed by Starsky, but it works for what it is. A childish attempt at adapting astor second-rate King story.

Still, I support any movie that keeps Yaphet Kotto working.
                  Troof but for the highlighted part. Have you READ the King story? NOTHING like the movie except that a game show was involved.
                  I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• That was one of King's Bachmann Books, right, Iggy? I have a copy somewhere that has Rage in it, before it went out of print.

That version of The Running Man was very much a different beastie than the Schwarzenegger flick.

Comment

• The King/Bachman story is great.
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• The King/Bachman story doesn't have a fat fuck Raiden-wannabe (who's by the way a wannabe for Lightning from Big Trouble in Little China, but I disgress) covered in lightbulbs who for some reason sings opera, nor Jesse Ventura.

It deserves a pass even if it's a bad movie per se.
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                          Jesse Ventura as Captain Freedom. All arguments are invalid.

This is the correct answer.

Comment

• Ray Bradbury. 91.

Comment

• A sad. I has one.

Comment

• Something wicked his way came.
                                I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

Working...
                                X