Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In 1981, British television audiences welcomed an anarchic spoof of spy thrillers. Danger Mouse paid homage to the 1960s television series, Danger Man, though the hero was a rodent with big ears, sporting an eye patch, initials on his chest, his home a postbox on Baker Street, tribute to another endearing icon. Soon the world took to the madcap adventures of Danger Mouse. In America, the newly emerging network, Nickelodeon, aired the series. In time, more than 80 nations broadcast the antics of Danger Mouse. Animator Mark Hall, creator of Danger Mouse and many other equally beloved characters, has died, losing a brief bout with cancer, November 18, 2011.

Mark Hall was a lively animated individual, much loved by his colleagues. Together with college chum Brian Cosgrove, he formed Cosgrove Hall Productions in 1976, revitalizing the world of animated cartoons with a host of zany characters: Count Duckalla, Penfold the antic hamster sidekick, the evil toad Lord Greenback, along with a delightful adaptation of Kenneth Grahame’s The Wind in the Willows.

However, it is Danger Mouse that will most likely be Mark Hall’s greatest legacy. Interviewed in 2006, celebrating the 25th anniversary of his creation, according to The BBC News, “The adults watched because of that kind of anarchy," he said, “the kids watched it because they just loved the stories and the absolutely stupid gags," describing the comic critter as “a sort of cross between Bond and all sorts of things. He was supposed to be suave but he was a mouse with big ears."

Mark Hall had retired in 2000 but the urge to create was impossible to ignore. Two years ago, he reteamed with Brian Cosgrove and formed Cosgrove Hall Fitzpatrick Entertainment and plunged into a flurry of activity. Mark Hall’s friends/co-workers mourn his passing but celebrate his life. Cosgrove Hall Fitzpatrick Entertainment’s Operations Director Adrian Wilkins was quoted by The Guardian, “Mark was one of life's real gentlemen and it's wonderful he got to see his company reborn.”

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/og85s6BbK4I?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="640"></iframe>

Comment

• Man I used to watch that show all the time. Such a great cartoon.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• DANGER MOUSE was awesome.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        Originally posted by Martin
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• John Neville (aged 86)

Comment

• AWWWWW!!! Shit.

Loved him in Munchausen.

Comment

• Fuck.

I was green with you, General Staedert...

Last edited by Martin; 11-21-2011, 02:14 PM.
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• He had a good run. I'll watch him cut that Fakechausen's nose off tonight.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Munchausen is one of my favorite movies. Sad.

Comment

• This is not super green.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Uh-oh...

Not dead, but things aren't looking good for Robin Gibb (which a lot of people already guessed, given his recent appearance):

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/be...ticle-1.980780

Liver cancer, so that's not good. I have a theory that Barry Gibb is secretly sucking the life out of all of his brothers so he can have some kind of Bee Gee super power and live forever.
                      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Guess the squawking spectre of Death finally caught up with the ol' Baron. Sad.
                        I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Ken Russell dies at 84:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...ticle-1.983451
                          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lisa View Post

WB still has no plans to release The Devils. Criterion has literally told them there's a blank check to sign it over, they still won't budge.
                            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                              WB still has no plans to release The Devils. Criterion has literally told them there's a blank check to sign it over, they still won't budge.
                              I just saw that the other day. What a fucking insane film.

Are they afraid of a hairless Oly?
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
                                I just saw that the other day. What a fucking insane film.

Are they afraid of a hairless Oly?

WB is this big bitch of a company that spent the 80s and 90s buying every company that wasn't nailed to the floor.

When they realized that their library was too big and they'd never get everything on Home Video, they were approached by people like Anchor Bay, Synapse and Criterion to release shit.

Their response for the last decade has been to stomp their feet and hold their breath. WB's a big bitch.
                                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Working...
                                X