Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to Ohio, it's the best state ever! For serious!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by V View Post
    Which is why the children of baby boomers will be a burden to society until they see fit to crawl somewhere and die. Hopefully soon. Hopefully painfully.

These children know nothing of personal responsibility, they know nothing of proper social skills, and all because their parents were afraid to spank them. They expect their parents to get them out of any and every jam they find themselves in... and they are exceptionally skilled at laying the blame elsewhere.

When my kids got out of line, I beat the dog shit out of them, like my father did before me. My father put the fear of God into me when I stepped on my dick, and I thank him every day for it. It instilled discipline...

That's a word these no-count, worthless, piece of shit cocksuckers don't even know how to spell, much less define.

I'm glad I'm older than most of you. It means less time for me in the future when things totally turn to shit.
    Rep this man, please? Okay, maybe I wouldn't have put it quite that strongly, but this is absolutely directed at the children of boomers. That 1990s "Let's treat every kid like they're mommy's special snowflake" mode of parenting. Are they running around like fucking wild animals? "Well great! I love seeing kids express themselves! They'll only be children once!" Manners went out the window because little Noah or Cameron should be able to be free and have the same respect that adults do. Except, it meant they grew up without respect for other people. And NY is huge on that mode of parenting - there was never a time in my life when I was more glad to not have kids than the 1990's. It was that brain-set of no kid had to try harder - everyone got a gold star and a pat on the head, no matter how well they did or behaved. "You don't have to try to be a good person - you're wonderful being you."

To be perfectly honest, George has a niece who's like this - she's 20, and has zero social skills and zero sense of responsibility. And George's sister, her mom, created that monster. It was the era of people who wanted to be their kid's buddy instead of a parent.
    Last edited by Lisa; 05-26-2010, 03:28 PM.
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• *hangs head because he was a kid in the 1990s*
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
        Which is why the children of baby boomers will be a burden to society until they see fit to crawl somewhere and die. Hopefully soon. Hopefully painfully.

These children know nothing of personal responsibility, they know nothing of proper social skills, and all because their parents were afraid to spank them. They expect their parents to get them out of any and every jam they find themselves in... and they are exceptionally skilled at laying the blame elsewhere.

When my kids got out of line, I beat the dog shit out of them, like my father did before me. My father put the fear of God into me when I stepped on my dick, and I thank him every day for it. It instilled discipline...

That's a word these no-count, worthless, piece of shit cocksuckers don't even know how to spell, much less define.

I'm glad I'm older than most of you. It means less time for me in the future when things totally turn to shit.
        Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
        Rep this man, please? Okay, maybe I wouldn't have put it quite that strongly, but this is absolutely directed at the children of boomers. That 1990s "Let's treat every kid like they're mommy's special snowflake" mode of parenting. Are they running around like fucking wild animals? "Well great! I love seeing kids express themselves! They'll only be children once!" Manners went out the window because little Noah or Cameron should be able to be free and have the same respect that adults do. Except, it meant they grew up without respect for other people. And NY is huge on that mode of parenting - there was never a time in my life when I was more glad to not have kids than the 1990's. It was that brain-set of no kid had to try harder - everyone got a gold star and a pat on the head, no matter how well they did or behaved. "You don't have to try to be a good person - you're wonderful being you."

To be perfectly honest, George has a niece who's like this - she's 20, and has zero social skills and zero sense of responsibility. And George's sister, her mom, created that monster. It was the era of people who wanted to be their kid's buddy instead of a parent.
        I love y'all.
        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
          *hangs head because he was a kid in the 1990s*
          Aww, come on, you know it's not an all across the board thing. But there are plenty of late teens and early 20's kids who are like this because making kids accountable for their actions went out the window about 20 years ago or so.
          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• I know that, my father would talk about the same stuff.

It's just funny to say that because look at most of the members here. They were kids in the 1990s.

Comment

• Not gonna lie, most of my peers irritate the living crap out of me (as do most people, but I digress), so when I find someone my age that's even close to my wavelength I go batshit. It's great. But I have a feeling that if I were the adult chaperone at this event, I'd have calmly asked all of the official staff/management/non-douchebags to exit the building, chained all the doors shut, and lit the fucking place on fire.
              "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~

Comment

• And probably beat off as it burned.

~

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                  It's just funny to say that because look at most of the members here. They were kids in the 1990s.
                  And they were clearly not raised like that. I've not seen one person on this board in that age bracket who posts and says, "Hey, at our prom, we trashed the place, shit on the tables, smashed stuff, and caused thousands of dollars worth of damage that my mom and dad say I'm not responsible for! It was a blast!" Like I said, it's not an all across the board thing. But it was definitely a popular mode of parenting in that decade.

Comment

• Well that, and we're all nerds and misfits. But we are not dorks, goddammit!

Comment

• Well, we are dorks. We're just well-mannered dorks who's parents raised us right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vault Vanderhuge View Post
                        Not gonna lie, most of my peers irritate the living crap out of me (as do most people, but I digress), so when I find someone my age that's even close to my wavelength I go batshit. It's great. But I have a feeling that if I were the adult chaperone at this event, I'd have calmly asked all of the official staff/management/non-douchebags to exit the building, chained all the doors shut, and lit the fucking place on fire.
                        You put things in the wrong order.

1: Chain the doors

2: Light the building on fire

3: Beat off

4: Tell them to exit the building

Comment

• I blame the rise in keeping up with the Jones. I don't care which parent (mom or dad) but one needs to stay at home and actually parent. Two working parents=uncontrolled children.
                          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                          - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
                            I blame the rise in keeping up with the Jones.
                            This too. Again, HUGE problem with this in NYC.

Comment

• I'm with all y'all. If I'd pulled that shit at my prom, I'd have caught a whirlwind of grief from my folks. And deservedly so.

I'm with Vin on this. My folks would let my brother and me have it if we acted up. Then when we got older, all it would take is one "I'm very disappointed in you" and that would've been more than enough for my brother and I to toe the line.

Also, parents in my neck of the woods used to know where every kid was in my neighborhood when we were out playing. Moms called moms ("Yes, Tim's over at Bill's house. Tell Carol."), dads touched base with dads, etc. Discipline was the order of the day, too - yes, my folks actively encouraged my brother and I to be as creative as we wanted and pursue our interests as long as nobody got hurt, and we cleaned up afterwards. Also, no fun til homework was done! And my folks used to make DAMN sure we ran the homework by them before we could split.

Parents. It's all about the parents, crew!

Comment

• And really - my mom never even had to smack us to keep us in line. If you could have heard the timbre of that woman's voice when she'd scream at us - it was like hell coming at you. I would literally feel like a lump of ice had replaced all my internal organs when she'd scream at us. She only ever smacked me one time my whole life - she didn't have to hit, not with how freaking scary she was when she'd yell.

Comment

Working...
                                X