Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought about starting an all-purpose "Hey, Dumbshit! Don't Do That!" thread, but figured I could post this here just as well.

Woman fatally struck by subway train after jumping on tracks to retrieve bag:

Bonus about living in NY? On our newstations, they have tasty footage of the poor transit worker pouring bleach to disinfect and wash away the blood from where she splattered UP ONTO THE SUBWAY PLATFORM.

Bonus about having a boyfriend who works for the Transit Authority? No, he wasn't the guy who had to splash away the blood. But back in December, after another dumbshit jumped down onto the tracks to retrieve his iPod and was splattered by the downtown D train? George knew the guy who had to scrub that stupid idiot off of the front of the train.
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
      I thought about starting an all-purpose "Hey, Dumbshit! Don't Do That!" thread, but figured I could post this here just as well.

Woman fatally struck by subway train after jumping on tracks to retrieve bag:

Bonus about living in NY? On our newstations, they have tasty footage of the poor transit worker pouring bleach to disinfect and wash away the blood from where she splattered UP ONTO THE SUBWAY PLATFORM.

Bonus about having a boyfriend who works for the Transit Authority? No, he wasn't the guy who had to splash away the blood. But back in December, after another dumbshit jumped down onto the tracks to retrieve his iPod and was splattered by the downtown D train? George knew the guy who had to scrub that stupid idiot off of the front of the train.
      Awesome! I never get tired of fucktards who through acts of utter stupidity end up actually improving our gene pool!

APPROVED!

Comment

• Let me tell you, when I'm on the subway platform, my back is to the wall. Or if it's an open platform, I find the big standing subway map and my back goes up against that. Back in 1999, there was this woman who was killed when she was shoved onto the tracks by a schizophrenic man who'd been off his meds and wandering the streets for about a year. No reason - he was ill, and she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. But no way do I stand close to the platform, and you couldn't pay me enough to go after something that fell on the tracks. There's nothing in your bag worth losing your life over.

Incidentally, in that case, the woman who was shoved - it lead to this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kendra's_Law - Kendra's Law, which helped with regard to mentally ill people out on their own on the streets. This guy had family, he was supposed to be getting help. Instead, he'd been out wandering the streets for close to a year off his meds. Nine months before he pushed Kendra Webdale off of the platform, he was in my neighborhood at the time (back when I lived in Forest Hills), wandered into our Barnes & Noble on Austin St., and punched this lady out for no reason. Just a sick guy who needed help and had fallen through the cracks in the system. One lady wound up punched, sure, but another lady wound up dead before they enacted the law to try and do something about it.
        Last edited by Lisa; 03-12-2010, 09:12 AM.
        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• I always think of the movie 'A Shock to the System' whenever I hear of subway deaths. If you haven't seen it, do so...it's a GREAT dark comedy with Michael Caine in it. It has one of the best endings of any movie that I've ever seen.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Added it to my queue, Matt. Not sure if I'll have time to watch it given my class load, but I'll get to it at somepoint.

Comment

• I'm with you Lisa. Standing for a subway I was always worried some fucking nutjob would shove me, or worse, someone would accidentally trip and knock me over and onto the track. If the platform has a bench, I'm sitting on it, or finding the vending machine, or sitting Indian style in the middle of an open platform waiting.

Comment

• holy shit, the Brady kids can fuck right off.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Added it to my queue, Matt. Not sure if I'll have time to watch it given my class load, but I'll get to it at somepoint.
                  MAKE THE TIME, DAMNIT!

Comment

• Okay, that guy's just one giant walking brain. How the hell do you do that without gallons of super glue?

And I'll bet he didn't have to contend with little bitch Marcia, crying helplessly as she tries to keep her charm bracelet out of the way...
                    Last edited by Lisa; 03-12-2010, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• Exactly. TAKE OFF THE BRACELET YOU HARLOT!
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Let me tell you, when I'm on the subway platform, my back is to the wall. Or if it's an open platform, I find the big standing subway map and my back goes up against that. Back in 1999, there was this woman who was killed when she was shoved onto the tracks by a schizophrenic man who'd been off his meds and wandering the streets for about a year. No reason - he was ill, and she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. But no way do I stand close to the platform, and you couldn't pay me enough to go after something that fell on the tracks. There's nothing in your bag worth losing your life over.

Incidentally, in that case, the woman who was shoved - it lead to this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kendra's_Law - Kendra's Law, which helped with regard to mentally ill people out on their own on the streets. This guy had family, he was supposed to be getting help. Instead, he'd been out wandering the streets for close to a year off his meds. Nine months before he pushed Kendra Webdale off of the platform, he was in my neighborhood at the time (back when I lived in Forest Hills), wandered into our Barnes & Noble on Austin St., and punched this lady out for no reason. Just a sick guy who needed help and had fallen through the cracks in the system. One lady wound up punched, sure, but another lady wound up dead before they enacted the law to try and do something about it.
                        Whenever I hear about subway deaths it makes me think of this part in the movie Beat Street where one graffiti artist paints over another guys work and gets chased down a track tube only to fall onto the power rail getting electrocuted. Anyone seen this? I couldn't find a clip.

Comment

• Pretty sure that's in 'Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo', not 'Beat Street'.

SPIT!
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            Pretty sure that's in 'Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo', not 'Beat Street'.

SPIT!
                            HAAAAH HAAAAA!!! Dude, two of my favorite movies are both of the "Legally Blonde" movies, and even I don't know the plotlines of "Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo" and "Beat Street"!

Comment

HAAAAH HAAAAA!!! Dude, two of my favorite movies are both of the "Legally Blonde" movies, and even I don't know the plotlines of "Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo" and "Beat Street"!
                              Please, shoot me in the head NOW.

Comment

• You won't feel a thing, Matt...

Comment

Working...
                                X