This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Murray interview from Gee Queue.

Okay. Well, how about Garfield? Can you explain that to me? Did you just do it for the dough?

No! I didn't make that for the dough! Well, not completely. I thought it would be kind of fun, because doing a voice is challenging, and I'd never done that. Plus, I looked at the script, and it said, "So-and-so and Joel Coen." And I thought: Christ, well, I love those Coens! They're funny. So I sorta read a few pages of it and thought, Yeah, I'd like to do that. I had these agents at the time, and I said, "What do they give you to do one of these things?" And they said, "Oh, they give you $50,000." So I said, "Okay, well, I don't even leave the fuckin' driveway for that kind of money."

And it's not like you're helping out an indie director by playing Garfield.

Exactly. He's in 3,000 newspapers every day; he's not hurtin'. Then this studio guy calls me up out of nowhere, and I had a nice conversation with him. No bullshit, no schmooze, none of that stuff. We just talked for a long time about the movie. And my agents called on Monday and said, "Well, they came back with another offer, and it was nowhere near $50,000." And I said, "That's more befitting of the work I expect to do!" So they went off and shot the movie, and I forgot all about it. Finally, I went out to L.A. to record my lines. And usually when you're looping a movie, if it takes two days, that's a lot. I don't know if I should even tell this story, because it's kind of mean. [beat] What the hell? It's interesting. So I worked all day and kept going, "That's the line? Well, I can't say that." And you sit there and go, What can I say that will make this funny? And make it make sense? And I worked. I was exhausted, soaked with sweat, and the lines got worse and worse. And I said, "Okay, you better show me the whole rest of the movie, so we can see what we're dealing with." So I sat down and watched the whole thing, and I kept saying, "Who the hell cut this thing? Who did this? What the fuck was Coen thinking?" And then they explained it to me: It wasn't written by that Joel Coen.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• <embed src="http://blip.tv/play/AeaDFAI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="350" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

Comment

• That excerpt from the Murray interview is hilarious!
        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• This guy is great.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Sterling Hayden (General Ripper from Strangelove).Would've loved to hang out with this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-Vw7...ext=1&index=13
            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• LOL.

If you ask me, they didn't get enough shit.

HEEEEEYOOOOOOO
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• THE "BACK IN THE DAY"-O-TRON HAS SWITCHED TO COLOR!

http://blogs.denverpost.com/captured...rom-1939-1943/
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I wanna try some JAX beer. I bet it GROUND POUNDS the competition...
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• "Hide your kids, hide your wife, and hide your husband cuz they raping everybody out here"

http://www.fark.com/cgi/vidplayer.pl?IDLink=5520440

Comment

• http://jalopnik.com/5596708/at-80-yo...-stirling-moss

I want to be this badass when I'm old.

Comment

• This shit is scary...

Comment

• Glad I wasn't eating.

Comment

• I was...

I'm still feeling a bit iffy.

Comment

• He should sue the shit out of who ever did that to his face. Then beat himself about the head and neck with a rubber hose for agreeing to it.

Comment

• No one grows old gracefully any more...

Comment

Working...
                                X