Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The problem is those jeans aren't pleated. They are designed to look that way. But usually the waist size is smaller. Therefore it looks like they just go straight down and not in at the bottom. Capice?

Comment

• Flat-front pants are supposed to be more flattering for big dudes than pleated pants. The fact that those are flat-fronts = not good.

..........Here's Kevin and Jen headed for a night out on the town!

"Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
      *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• I don't wear pleated/taper leg jeans either but it doesn't look like I keep a homeless family in there. Granted, I don't weigh 350-375.

Comment

• Did I miss the proclamation that today was shit on Kevin Smith day? It's not like we all woke up today with the startling realization that he's fat and Schwalbach is not hot.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Sir, I'm just saying, dude isn't "fat".

I'd be more concerned about my elbow room if it were the people from Biggest Loser prior to the training than Smith being on a plane.
            The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Eh, he kind of painted the target on himself* with his Southwest rant.

*he had to go back to the store to buy more paint, OLOLOLOL

Comment

• Wasn't really directed at you Nerdi. Smith is fat but he's not like the fattest dude ever. And who gives a shit if he is fat? Airlines are fucked up for thinking that fucking over fat people is a good idea. Instead of fucking them over why not have a fat section for each plane? You could fit fatties happily and you could segregate them, to the delight of skinny people who act like fat is the same thing as cancer.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• something needs to be done, though. I agree...fat people should be allowed to fly and concession should be made for them when possible. At the same time, I've paid for my seat and I've earned the right to fly without being crowded in my seat by the 400 lb guy next to me. If that means that people with a waist above a certain threshhold have to buy 2 seats, then so be it.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Because Americans are health-crazed dicks?

Seriously. I don't disparage anyone because of weight issues. My philosophy is simply this.

"Eat right, stay fit, run daily... die anyway."

My grandfather's 4 food groups were bacon, whisky, butter and cigars. He lived to 94.

Grandma? 97...

I smoke 2 packs of Camels a day... and have for the last 25 years.

I drink a fifth of whiskey every 4 days.

Hydrate? Water is for cutting my whiskey.

But I can do 93 pushups in 2 minutes. And I can run 5 miles in full kit with 80 pounds on my back in 34.6 minutes...

Do what feels right to you. Fuck what the experts say. If they were truly experts, then maybe they'd all come up with something that actually works for everyone.

Sorry... I'll stop ranting now.

Comment

• Matt, listen to the latest SModcast. Even if you don't feel for Smith, you'll know why there was so much anger after the second half. And it's warranted.
                      The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                        something needs to be done, though. I agree...fat people should be allowed to fly and concession should be made for them when possible. At the same time, I've paid for my seat and I've earned the right to fly without being crowded in my seat by the 400 lb guy next to me. If that means that people with a waist above a certain threshhold have to buy 2 seats, then so be it.
                        But what's next Matt? Charging double for the chatty Kathy because you've earned the right to fly in silence? For the record, I'm a fattie, I have health issues that I'm working on to get my weight down. I don't eat like a fucking elephant but just like was talked about in the thread about Nicole Eggert, America and likely the world has made it perfectly ok to treat fat people like assholes.

People get fat for a myriad of reasons, some are gluttonous assholes, some have medical conditions, but what gives anyone the right to be hateful to them? Let's face it, fat people are the last acceptable thing to hate.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_MetalSucks View Post
                          But what's next Matt? Charging double for the chatty Kathy because you've earned the right to fly in silence? For the record, I'm a fattie, I have health issues that I'm working on to get my weight down. I don't eat like a fucking elephant but just like was talked about in the thread about Nicole Eggert, America and likely the world has made it perfectly ok to treat fat people like assholes.

People get fat for a myriad of reasons, some are gluttonous assholes, some have medical conditions, but what gives anyone the right to be hateful to them? Let's face it, fat people are the last acceptable thing to hate.
                          1. I don't hate 'fat' people. If I did, I'd have to say goodbye to almost half of my friends. I understand and agree with the assertion that obesity is a disease that needs compassion, not ridicule.
                          2. The fact is, 'fat' people do take up more space. That's not a slam, it's a physical fact, and airplanes have a finite amount of physical space. In order to accomodate the most amount of people from a 'return on investment' standpoint, the seats must be built to certain specifications that will provide a minimum standard of comfort and safety while maximizing the number of people that can actually fly on the aircraft. In essence: you're renting a certain amount of space on the aircraft for your personal use. If you exceed that amount of space, then you need to rent more.
                          3. You can ask 'chatty Kathy' to shut up, nicely or NOT-so-nicely. You can't ask a person to change their body weight instantaneously.

And I'm with Lima: live your life and be happy. Life's too short to not eat bacon.
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Airlines could make different sized seats and price them accordingly but that would actually help. They'd rather force the fat person to pay double and have to sit across two seats. It's bottom line thinking and it's sad and pathetic. But money matters more than anything else to any business so why actually do something that would make a difference.

If I do ever fly I'm going to talk the whole flight to see if anyone will ask me to shut up. When they do? More talking. :-)

Comment

• M_MetalSucks = THAT guy.

Nothin' but love, though. You have my sincere sympathies for the shit that you have to put up with.

eta: as far as different sized seats go: First Class.

Comment

• Lima, be my personal trainer plox.

"Whiskey and push-ups, NOW YOU PUSSY!"

Six months later - "Thanks for my washboard abs Lima!"

Comment

Working...
                                X