Video of the Day thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video of the Day thread

Figured sometimes the stupid shit I post on the sidebar may warrant a comment or two or none at all who knows. Anyways, today's video is a great history lesson as told by Matt McCusker and Shane Gillis with Louis C.K.

Pretty funny and pretty informative for a knucklehead like me. Or maybe it's not? Who knows but I enjoyed it. They start at George Washington and move through the presidents and talk and make jokes. Apologies to anyone who is triggered by Louis but this shit is pretty interesting.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

I normally don't buy into the Dude Bro podcast stuff like this because it omits and fucks up a lot due to host ignorance or trying to convey something.

But, this and Part 2 are 100% accurate bite size takes for average people. Having spent way too much of my academic and early years firmly going through this kind of shit. It's kind of refreshing to hear them get the facts and find ways to connect it to a large amount of people.

I wish GIllis spent more time on Garfield's assassin, because that was the tip of the iceberg about how crazy he was.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

There are 4 parts out and they're all pretty great. Not gonna post them all as the VoD but figured some people who aren't in comedy circles may want to check it out. Nothing worse than dry fucking history bullshit and while this is not that in depth, it's a fun listen and I learned some things. And yeah, I want to know more about that assassin. I had the worst fucking history teacher all throughout high school and in college so I didn't really give a shit as I wasn't engaged. Wish I had grown up in the current internet age where I'd have access to all kinds of info instead of just the fucking library and text books and whatever was on my Encarta 95 CD ROM.

Also, us average people bow to your great mind. lulz. Let me know when you finally get out of Arkham. ; )

Today's vid is Joe List's new special. Love this guy.

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        There are 4 parts out and they're all pretty great. Not gonna post them all as the VoD but figured some people who aren't in comedy circles may want to check it out. Nothing worse than dry fucking history bullshit and while this is not that in depth, it's a fun listen and I learned some things. And yeah, I want to know more about that assassin. I had the worst fucking history teacher all throughout high school and in college so I didn't really give a shit as I wasn't engaged. Wish I had grown up in the current internet age where I'd have access to all kinds of info instead of just the fucking library and text books and whatever was on my Encarta 95 CD ROM.

Also, us average people bow to your great mind. lulz. Let me know when you finally get out of Arkham. ; )

Today's vid is Joe List's new special. Love this guy.

I just had access to really great history teachers and my superior intellect put me in beneficial situations more often than not.

I would say I don't look like the Riddler, but I was at my mom's house and passed by a picture of me at 13 and was like WELL, FUCK.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

lolololol

Comment

The Story of Super Mario World

Another great indepth video from The Gaming Historian. Super Mario World is still easily in my top 5 games of all time.

Comment

The best (or worst) person in the amazing Trekkies doc.

It is still one of my most favorite documentaries because it personally makes me love and loathe some of these of people at the same time. Mostly because if I wasn't bullied as a kid, I would have been this kid. I can honestly say though that I NEVER wore my Data uniform anywhere except for a few conventions. There is a multiverse where I felt comfortable enough with myself to wear it to school and now I'd be a millionaire after inventing something (or like in this kid's case, working on BSG as a CGI artist or on being on the Drew Carey Show) OR I'd be renting in a room in a doublewide working overnights at fedex somewhere down south.

Comment

Nah, you and Ceej would've been music producers like Quincy Jones, and every Frog Brothers and Crenshaw Jackson tune would be burning up the charts and shit.

I gotta admit, my geek/fanboy stuff is kind of weaksauce compared to this kid. Probably because I was 20 when The Next Generation hit and didn't have time to rock a uniform or buy action figures (was too busy pursuing my dream to be a comic book artist while listening to Miles Davis and such during my many late nights in the studio).

Comment

Nick Mohammed sings a funny song.

Comment

Old tech sales commercials are some of my favorite things to watch. Fucking Greg savin' the day.

Comment

Just waiting for the new season of KitH. They can see the future. They knew about NFTs 30 years ago.

Comment

The grinch can get it.

Comment

Egads! My CHILDHOOD! RUINED!!!!!!

Comment

With the talk of the Spinal Tap sequel I thought I'd bring this gem back.

Cautiously optimistic about the sequel as this is still pretty fucking funny BUT it's already 13 years old. 13 years at this age can be quite the difference

Comment

Dirty Dancing with the Muppet Theme is pretty goooood.

Comment

Working...
                              X