No announcement yet.

board games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grabbed the Fallout board game this weekend from Fantasy Flight games. It's a beast of a game and seems like it could be pretty neat. What I like about it is that you can play it solo if you're a loser like me. Quality craftsmanship, neat RPG mechanics, and seems like it has a bit of D&D in it which is a neat idea.

Hopefully gonna try this weekend.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Picked up that Universal Horror board game Horrified this weekend. Fucking LOVE it. Fun little co-op game that can also be played solo if you want. Pretty easy to understand with a bunch of tactics that can be used. Highly recommended.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Played about 3 hours of Red Dragon Inn over the weekend. Good God can that game be fun.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Need to find time to play Horrified. It looks fun as hell.

Red Dragon Inn is awesome, especially when you have a decent group of people to play with. I've got a buddy that has a shit ton of the expansions.

Saw this on Kickstarter today, I might have to snag it:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...f-picks-newest
          Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
          John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• thanks for the tip, I just backed that.
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Awww man. I already back Etherfields.

Also, I got the Dune boardgame.

A remaster of the classic 70s game. It is probably the best boardgame ever, but you need to be 5, preferably 6, for it to shine.
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Damn, how did I miss this thread? I love me some board games. I got Horrified for Christmas, need to find time to play that. I have a ton, problem is they all take time and people.

One I'm into right now is Star Trek: Ascendancy. You play as one of the species in Star Trek from when they first discover warp travel and go from there. It's cool because everyone starts out with their own little group of systems, and eventually you have to connect to another player, and then you can do diplomacy or war. The best thing is there are two ways to win; either take over everyone else's home base, or become the most advanced culture. It's totally thematic, since it wouldn't make sense for the Federation to try to wage war and take over, but the Klingons wouldn't talk their way through a takeover. Pretty fun.
                "Can't you just magic it away?"
                "No, no more than you can just 'science' it away."

Xbox Live & PSN Tag: wydren

Comment

• In case you didn't hear, HeroQuest (the greatest board game ever made) returned yesterday to Hasbro's Kickstarter. It reached it's goal of a million dollars in under 24 hours with 44 days still left.

https://hasbropulse.com/products/heroquest-game-system

Looks to be very similar to the original, with some tweaks here and there. Some of the stretch goals have new heroes and the 2 million mark has a new quest book. I ordered the set with the two expansions, since I've wanted those for ages. Hopefully more expansions are a possibility.

Comment

• Save some money, buy a real PC, and let's do some shit mannnnnn

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      Save some money, buy a real PC, and let's do some shit mannnnnn
                      I've gotta save my money for a 4k tv followed by a new X-Box. They gonna put that Magic game on consoles or what?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari View Post
                        I've gotta save my money for a 4k tv followed by a new X-Box. They gonna put that Magic game on consoles or what?
                        You spelled PS5 wrong.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Yo this place is dead. WTF.

Comment

• no one plays board games thanks to covid.

Comment

• Well I now do!

Comment

• I'm waiting on a couple of Kickstarter board games to arrive. The big one: 'Return to Dark Tower', a reimagining of the classic 80s Dark Tower game. I'm waaaaaaaaay pumped for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X