No announcement yet.

board games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a board game, but I HIGHLY recommend the card game Phase 10. Played it at the cabin a few weeks ago and it is tons of fun (of course I had also been drinking at the time).
    If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

So since I've been back in California, I've pretty much been playing board games almost every week. The current favorite is Acquire, which is ALWAYS requested by Sarah. So much so, that I'm starting to leave the game at Ari and Sarah's place.

If you're looking for an enjoyable board game, check out Acquire. It's going for $19.09? on Amazon and it really is awesome.

Also, "MAJOR/MINOR STOCKHOLDERS!" *HIGHFIVE*
      The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Been digging the shit out of the latest BSG boardgame expansion. Prolly gonna buy Munchkin: The Boardgame this weekend to have my own copy.
        <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          Been digging the shit out of the latest BSG boardgame expansion. Prolly gonna buy Munchkin: The Boardgame this weekend to have my own copy.
          I take it you've played the board version before then, Mike? Is it really that good?

Comment

Comment

Vin, that's Chutes and Ladders, not Shoots and Lagers.

Comment

goddammit...

My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
                  I take it you've played the board version before then, Mike? Is it really that good?
                  Yes! Yes it is! Lots of opportunity for dickery in the board-game version of Munchkin.
                  <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

BUt what of Hickory? And Dock?
                    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                      BUt what of Hickory? And Dock?
                      POST OF THE WEEK
                      6-12 MARCH 2011

Comment

I - I am HONORED. My HOUSE is honored. Thank you, sir.
                        I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          Yes! Yes it is! Lots of opportunity for dickery in the board-game version of Munchkin.
                          I own the card game. Really fun. Cool to know there's a boardgame, but what does it add?

As for the BSG game, I heard it cool as hell. And it's by Fantasy Flight, so it's a plus.

Twilight Imperium would interest me, but 6-7 hours games are over for a while now, with kids and all.

Still, my favorite is A Game of Thrones. A great fun strategy game by Fantasy Flight that runs 3 hours top. Check it out if you like Risk but with no dice and character cards instead.
                          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

BSG rules. Played it once in Seattle. Same with Twilight Imperium. Game lasted 8 hours with a break for lunch. I really want to play it again, and I have the game but no one I know has a table large enough or the time to play.

Fantasy Flight games are cool but there's just too many pieces. And dice rolling. I usually tend to stick with Rio Grande games.

Comment

Try a Game of Thrones. No dices!

And I'll try BSG.
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Picked up Qwirkle this weekend. Fun as fuck. Would love for this game to be an XBLA game.
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X