Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Martin View Post

wait, variant???
    Yep. It even has it's own app for it and it's a bunch of fun. My siblings and I play this drunk at the cabin every time we get together.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• X-Wing is a ton of fun if you build your fleet to your liking. I get the resistance to dog fights and only being two player, but that shit can get CRAZY strategic. My buddy and I got hooked a few years back and ended up getting a TON of ships and shit for CRAZY cheap on ebay. He ended up getting like 100+ ships for like 120 bucks.

Also, this video is why I like this game.

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Also, it's not a board game in the true sense of the word (as it's a video game) but if you have a decent PC or an Xbox (with gamepass) check out the game Stellaris. It's fucking AMAZINg and I feel like it may be up your alley. Also has multiplayer. Ceej and I have been playing the same game for a few weeks now hahah as you can save your multiplayer game and load it when ready.

Comment

• Funny enough, they’re doing a Stellaris board game
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• FUCK THAT MAN. That shit would be even crazier than Twlight Imperium if that was the case. There are SO MANY moving parts in that game it would be insane to try to keep that shit going via physical pieces.

Comment

• It went Kickstarter few months ago.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...nfinite-legacy

Imperium is way too long for my tastes. Dune is the max, at 3-6hrs. Games that last 10-12hrs? NOPE.

Eclipse manages it at 3hrs. It will depends on the mechanics.

Comment

• that looks fucking ridiculous. I'll stick with the video game.

Comment

• So we tried out that new game, ANKH, last weekend. Very fun game. There's a really cool mechanic in the game that hits at about the 2/3 point where the two lowest ranking players 'merge' and become one God. At that point, you have two players playing that one god and sharing both god's powers, so that merged god becomes really powerful and catches up to the remaining players pretty quickly and adding to the spirit of competition. It's a great way of evening the odds and ensuring that one player doesn't run away with victory.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Oh that’s cool. CMON sure puts out some great looking stuff. Rising Sun is neat, but didn’t like Blood Rage. No one in my group has Ankh, but it looks cool. And that mechanic is neat!

Comment

• So, I finally managed to get one of my grail game: Forbidden Stars, aka Warhammer 40k: the Boardgame.

Super well rated, can’t wait to play and paint it.

Comment

Oh that’s cool. CMON sure puts out some great looking stuff. Rising Sun is neat, but didn’t like Blood Rage. No one in my group has Ankh, but it looks cool. And that mechanic is neat!
                        I've heard good things on RISING SUN. I've been eyeing getting a copy of it on eBay.
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post

I've heard good things on RISING SUN. I've been eyeing getting a copy of it on eBay.
                          Ebay? I know it’s widely available. I’ll recommend the Monster Pack too, as it REALLY adds to the experience.

Comment

• I was looking at eBay for all of the Kickstarter stuff that came with it at launch.

Comment

• I know Game Steward sells Kickstarter packages.

Comment

I know Game Steward sells Kickstarter packages.
                                not familiar with Game Steward. I'll check it out!

Comment

Working...
                                X