Official Fuck Oprah thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Fuck Oprah thread

There's probably already been one of these, but of late this bitch deserves as much hate leveled at her as possible.

Why, you may ask? Let me count the ways. . .

She continues to peddle her "The Secret" good and bad energy vibrations determining your destiny snake oil to the masses, and my wife, God bless 'er, keeps buying into it. We had a couple huge fights recently, and she made me sit down w/ her and watch one of Oprah's "Life Class" shows about this very subject, to drive home the point that it is my negative energy that is bringing us down. I had the sense to keep my big yap shut and not blurt out what I WANTED to say, which was: If thre's so much truth to this shit, why don't you just imagine yourself a better life with a better husband than me? According to your Life Guru, that should make it happen, right?

As I was doing dishes the other night, I overheard part of a show - the title of which I didn't get - on Oprah's new OWN network. The premise, apparently, is they find a young engaged couple, and get their permission to follow them around & film their wedding preparations. The twist is they also get them to agree to have the guy make ALL the arrangements w/ no help or input from the girl. Anyone who's ever been thru this knows what a recipe for disaster this is. The whole show consisted of the guy doing things that were, unbeknownst to him, exactly the opposite of what his fiancee wanted (as revealed thru mini interviews w/ said fiancee sprinkled throughout the show). What's the point of this debacle? To point at this hapless guy and laugh at what a clueless boob he is? Or to expand on that idea and make the point that ALL men are just clueless boobs who NEVER FUCKING LISTEN to what we women want (and at this point I can picture Mizz Winfrey herself pursing her lips & shaking her heads, arms folded across her ample bosom)?

And of course there's the annoying psychobabble of Dr. Phil (How's that workin' out for ya?).

But the thing that pushed it over the top for me was another Life Class episode, where she was talking about how much she loves dogs, and likened the love of God to the unconditional love of a dog. I'm not religious by any stretch, but I mean, really? REALLY? The love of the Almighty, who made all things and sent his only Son to die for our sins is like that of a DOG? Who barks and runs around in circles when I get home from work, and wants nothing more than to be let out in the yard? THAT'S your vision of God? The ep concluded with the unveiling of this monstrosity: http://youtube.com/watch?NR=L&v=yLCEn_GxxL4

I don't have the words to frame my outrage. If you exploited a person like that, you'd be reprehensible (Maury Povich, anyone?). But parading out a deformed, creepy dog? She's a hero.

The fact that this wing nut wields as much power as she does in our culture and economy is truly frightening, IMO, and gets more so every day.

Care to seethe along with me?
    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Oprah is a fucking cult rivaled only by the Catholic Church.

Comment

Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
      I had the sense to keep my big yap shut and not blurt out what I WANTED to say, which was: If thre's so much truth to this shit, why don't you just imagine yourself a better life with a better husband than me? According to your Life Guru, that should make it happen, right?
      I hear you... and applaud you.

If women did not have a vag... there would be bounties on their heads.

Comment

There's no reasoning with the people who turn to this bullshit.

She doesn't care about social responsibility of course, she's fucking rich.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

But she built a SCHOOL!

In AFRICA!

fucking cunt...

Comment

And is using it as a tax shelter. Probably one of the shitstains who is buying land for corporate development over there too.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

The worst part of it?

No rational recourse for criticism. Anything negative is automatically seen as an attack on the United States of Vagina.

We have already lost this war.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

As we have lost all of them.

Well, back to being a worthless, jobless scumbag!

Comment

Fuck Oprah. This is one of those issues where my seething hatred makes it entirely impossible to form a coherent argument other than FUCK HER. And to add on to something you guys touched on. Why is it when we criticize a successful woman, REGARDLESS of what the criticism is, are we painted as chauvinist pigs? Couldn't it possibly be that the criticism has actual merit? NOPE, because that bitch has a vagina.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Lisa's reply to the foregoing should be REALLY interesting.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

I have a feeling Debra Wilson's Oprah from Mad TV is dead on from the real thing.
                      Originally posted by Ari
                      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
                        The worst part of it?

No rational recourse for criticism. Anything negative is automatically seen as an attack on the United States of Vagina.

We have already lost this war.
                        I hate to go there because it seems so cliche, but racism gets shouted a lot when criticism is leveled vs. her as well. Not only is she a successful woman, but a successful BLACK woman. How DARE you speak ill?!

Comment

I just wish that Oprah and Gayle would just scissor it out already. Stedman can be the referee.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Originally posted by V View Post
                            If women did not have a vag... there would be bounties on their heads.
                            Always nice to be reduced down to nothing more than a body part.

Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                            And to add on to something you guys touched on. Why is it when we criticize a successful woman, REGARDLESS of what the criticism is, are we painted as chauvinist pigs? Couldn't it possibly be that the criticism has actual merit? NOPE, because that bitch has a vagina.
                            Who's doing that here? Do you see me doing that?

Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                            Lisa's reply to the foregoing should be REALLY interesting.
                            Because I'll automatically side with the Oprah lovers just because I'm a woman, right? For your information, I happen to hate Oprah, and think she's one of the reasons women in this country lose brain cells by the minute once they start listening to her. It's insulting, however, to reduce most women down to mindless puppets just because we're women. It's no different than when the Republicans threw Sarah Palin into the ring in 2008 with the mind set of, "Oh, hey! Hillary Clinton just lost the democratic nomination to Obama, so if we go with Palin, we have the womens' vote! Because women will just vote for women, they're too dumb to look at any other issues!" It reduces every woman in this country to nothing more than Oprah lovers when in truth, I can't stand her or what she stands for.
                            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

And THAT is why I was awaiting Lisa's voice on the matter. Now, Ingrid?

Comment

Working...
                              X