No announcement yet.

Questions for the Brits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd rather be DiNozzo Jlynn. Even with the head slaps.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

I have literally no idea what any of you are talking about.
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

NCIS joke. I'm fine with you being a DiNozzo BMetal! Even McGee gets head slaps, though.
        Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

Abby gets no headslaps, just all of the caffpows ever.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
            I have literally no idea what any of you are talking about.
            It's a Romy and Michelle quote. I'm sorry, Ben. For nothing.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Merriam Webster frowns upon your 'cross the Pond shenanigans.

Color me jingoistic, or don't "colour" me anything.
              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

Our language, our rules.

Deal, colonist.
                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

With the greatest respect to our Transatlantic chums, I'm afraid I have to agree with my neighbour, Ben, on the 'disorientate' matter (note the "u" in neighbour). My Oxford Dictionary didn't even list 'disoriented' as an American English alternative, and it's normally very generous about those things.
                  "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Put down the pint and learn some English!

Comment

• Fooking Furners! This is Murica damnit!

Comment

• What the shit you guys?
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I coulda sold SO MUCH art in college. . .

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Also, what does the term "estate" mean, in connection with an automobile?

And I think I get the general idea, but what exactly is "the council" I keep hearing referred to in terms of governmental services such as housing flats?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                              I'll take responsibility for that if you take responsibility for Gaga. Also, it's the Mail. Fuck the Mail.
                              Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                              Also, what does the term "estate" mean, in connection with an automobile?

And I think I get the general idea, but what exactly is "the council" I keep hearing referred to in terms of governmental services such as housing flats?
                              An estate is a long version of a saloon car - the Volvo estate is the classic. Instead of having a self contained boot (trunk), that part of the car is an extension of the rest of the car's roof with no separation from the rest of the car other than the rear car seats. Whatever the car the Griswolds are driving in the original Vacation is an estate.

Council's are borough or county-based offices responsible for maintaining roads, street signs etc. and using government funds to do so. They're normally crooked as fuck. A council estate is cheap housing for people either unable to afford better housing or living on benefits.

Comment

• Of course Lady Gaga loves that barf.

Estate sounds way more classy than "station wagon".

Comment

Working...
                                X