Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need some experienced PHP people on deck for possibel freelance work...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some experienced PHP people on deck for possibel freelance work...

So my freelancing is going quite well. So much so that I have too much work, and it is starting to kill me dead. I've never sub-contracted work before, but I am getting to the point where it is looking like the correct thing to do.

What I need is someone who can do some or all of the following:

1. Program in PHP - like make mySQL db-driven sites, customize code on other peoples apps, that level of programming
    2. Slice and Dice photoshop diagrams into website templates - I work with a firm that supplies me with designed websites, and it is usually my first job to slice and dice them into functional CSS-driven website template files for use in programming projects or CMS packages
    3. Knows how to set up/configure CMS software like Drupal/Joomla
    4. Knows how to SKIN said CMS packages.
    5. The ability to work to a given quote - some of the projects I am working on have already been estimated so you may have to work within the constraints of a quote I've created

If any of you have some or most of these skill sets, I would be very interested in speaking with you. I generally charge $50.00/hr back to this client for my time (it's a cheaper rate than some consultants, but they give me a ton of steady work so I do not complain). I would pay you between $30.00-$35.00/hr (US Dollars) to help me do this work, depending on how awesome your skill set is).

I am not a training organization, I need people who can hit the ground running. I want to deal with someone(s) from here directly, no friend of a friend referrals are needed. Reply back here if interested, or write me at me@mikearsenault.com. If you have sites that you have worked on, give me links.

My role on projects we work on together is as project manager. I use a web-based product called Project Pier to manage all of my work, so you will always have access to files and information you need 24/7, and I rarely sleep, so I can answer questions as they arise. I am very good with documenting requirements, and the projects are all relatively standard stuff. Nothing cool, but steady money >> cool factor for me.
    <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Oh Rob......
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

I'm good at other things...

Pity no one's farming out work in my line.

Comment

I...I... I could make you some toast! Pour you a beer? Run spellcheck! That's it, I could run spellcheck!
        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

All those files ain't gonna collate themselves! Shit I wish I made $30 per hour. I wanted to get into some sort of programming, but never took the time especially back when all the different languages seemed to be competing and one-upping each other
          "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
          *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Please don't make me go to the other site and hire Spike Marshall to program for me. I am begging one of you, come to the dark side! I MADE MUFFINS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!

Comment

Not sure but I think Herr Hughes is the only qualified chap around here. If I could I would buddy!
              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Yeah, Rerb is your only hope of avoiding Teh Spike.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Helper Monkey!
                  Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                  Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                  POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Oh yeah, forgot about that dude. Also just in case anyone else is looking at throwing around $30 an hour for work. I'll do anything from rubbing old peoples feet to putting body glitter on crack addicted strippers for that kind of dough. I won't however blow anything as that's more of a $100 an hour type gig.
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

I'm so fucking slammed at the moment, that I can't really chime in. But, who are you doing this for?
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
                        I'm so fucking slammed at the moment, that I can't really chime in. But, who are you doing this for?
                        My primary freelance contracts are with a company called Naida Communications here in Winnipeg (www.naidacom.com). They have a scarily-effective salesman who actually knows enough about web not to sell impossible web projects. In total this summer I have 18 confirmed projects and I have finished 3 :/

I wish I could have come here and said Nick had hired me to redo CHUD, that would have been the coolest gig ever!

I like making money, Nick will never spend money on CHUD (although in his last article he copped to selling his DVD collection for need of money - maybe he could pay me with that :P ). The gigs I am doing are all small to medium business websites, nothing really major or difficult.

Comment

Sounds cool.

If you wanted to me send a PM with links to what you've been doing, I could see if it's something I could break away to handle.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Working...
                          X