Good locale for a zombie or post apocalyptic flick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
    Nah, it's not really that bad over by the house anymore - George lives about 20 minutes away. He drove me over to see it when we first started dating, and he didn't tell me where we were going, because he knew I'd love it. So we pull up in front, and he's all, "Surprise!" I geeked out, it's awesome to see up close.

I think the house is up for sale, and the most recent occupants have moved out. But all you really see over there anymore are occassional curiosity seekers like us pull up in front, idle the car for a few minutes and then continue on. People who live around there have more than gotten it out of their systems, they don't really bother with it that much.
    Actually, the house they used as the location for the film is in Toms River, NJ. They dolled it up w/ some cosmetic facades to make it like the house on Ocean Avenue, & removed them when filming was over. So if you didn't know where it is, you'd probably never find it.
    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
      Actually, the house they used as the location for the film is in Toms River, NJ. They dolled it up w/ some cosmetic facades to make it like the house on Ocean Avenue, & removed them when filming was over. So if you didn't know where it is, you'd probably never find it.
      Iggy speaks true, and I used to work within farting distance of said domicile (18 Dock Street, Toms River, NJ). I used to work off of Irons Street west of the area.

How it looked about 2 years ago:

Oh, yeah! The folks there discourage visitors, so no loitering! Cops in the area can get particularly cranky.

Comment

Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
        I didn't know that - not that I thought they used THE actual house or anything, but I had no idea it was right there in Tom's River! You're right, going by the picture Tim posted, you'd never know.
        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Working...
        X