The All-Purpose WAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The All-Purpose WAR Thread

So, it's sounding more and more like some sort of war with North Korea is imminent:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapc...ex.html?hpt=T2

What do you think we can expect from such an altercation? Could the world economy even HANDLE a full scale war with North Korea?
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

I just wonder when China is going to step in and tell NK to knock that shit off.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
      I just wonder when China is going to step in and tell NK to knock that shit off.
      See, that would be the best case scenario right there. I don't think that the world can financially AFFORD a war right now, and the last thing that China needs is for a bunch of countries that they own paper on to go bankrupt.
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

I honestly don't think the world economy would hold up with yet another war effort. Especially considering the Gulf Coast Clusterfuck that's still taking place, it's gonna get real messy if we end up going in.
        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

I would think that would be the case. Besides, NK does nothing but bluster.
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

My grandpa fought in Korea. He has never spoke of it. I don't want to see us go to war, but I mean...it's North Korea. Afghanistan and Iraq have smart, capable, and supplied civilian soldiers. North Korea has famine and death. And I don't think their military is holding a candle to us.

China remains the wildcard. They could slap NK on the wrist and say no, or they could get pissed with us if we push the subject. And Starcraft 2 is out soon, South Korea will be too busy to fight.

Comment

China won't allow NK to go to war, or at the very least will mediate a peaceful solution. Like Matt says, China's got too much invested economically on a global scale to risk another war right now. If anything, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a regime change in NK in the near future, since most of this shit falls on Kim Jong Il and his government's doorstep.

ETA: Credit where credit is due - Ed's right on the money re: China.
              Last edited by Timothy225; 06-15-2010, 02:42 PM.

Comment

What Tim and Ed said.
                2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Working...
                X