No announcement yet.

Hey Guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, look - just so you don't think we're being totally mercenary (which we are, let's admit it), suing them is two-fold. Because first, god forbid, what if she needs extra care because of the harm they caused? You'd be well within your rights to sue their asses to get the money to pay for that.

Second, suing them puts them on notice - they will think twice before ever being that ridiculously negligent to another family's loved one. Suing doesn't always have to be about the bucks - suing is the ultimate wrist-slapping for people who don't know how to be responsible.
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Yeah, I get that, but I got other shit on my mind right now. To be blunt (with no malice intended) I'm trying to figure out how to take care of mom who may or may not be damn near a vegetable when all this is said and done. On top of that I'm barely keeping our utilities on as it is(things are tight, we're ok but I'd much rather be saving money right now) and thinking about finding the time to talk to a lawyer right now makes my inner child punch his own cock.

I appreciate the advice and I may consult with you guys about finding a suitable attorney if I end up going that route but right now I'm hanging by a thread and trying to keep this ship afloat if you dig.

Please don't take what I'm saying as any kind of attack, I'm just burnt the fuck out and don't want to add anything else to my plate right now.

Mom's surgery to put her bone plate was postponed today due to a staph infection and I'm just really fucking tired. I need like six minutes of joy and I can't seem to muster up more than two and a half right now.

/self-pity rant
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Not to keep pushing it Josh, but if you find a decent lawyer that will take a cut of the judgement and not make you pay up front (pro bono, si?) you might have the way to take care of your mom.

Comment

• Truuf. I don't mean to be an irritable prick about it but I have a shitty taste in my mouth when it comes to lawyers. Never had one really be all that helpful for me.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Well, on principle all lawyers are scum, RIGHT IGGY!? Just don't go to THE TEXAS HAMMER.

Comment

• Lulz, yeah his commercials should be a criminal offense.

Comment

• You are charged with BAD TASTE.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  Well, on principle all lawyers are scum, RIGHT IGGY!? Just don't go to THE TEXAS HAMMER.
                  Well... don't you guys have a "Texas Jewboy" or something similar?

I'd rather hire a guy named "Hoss Goldfarb" than someone called 'The Hammer'... unless I was looking for someone to break legs.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                    Not to keep pushing it Josh, but if you find a decent lawyer that will take a cut of the judgement and not make you pay up front (pro bono, si?) you might have the way to take care of your mom.
                    Yeees...

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                    Truuf. I don't mean to be an irritable prick about it but I have a shitty taste in my mouth when it comes to lawyers. Never had one really be all that helpful for me.
                    Well, we can help you research that. Point is, a good one is there to help you, and to take some of the load you're feeling off your back by getting money to help you pay for all this.

And I'll back off now - I know you're burnt out, and don't want to talk about it.
                    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• Thanks Lisa for understanding. I'm just at a point right now where one more bad thing happens I'll just fall on the ground and just sob like a fucking baby. I consider myself mentally tough but I'm fucked right now in that regard. Just barely keeping my head above water in many areas. This man needs one deep breath and I just keep gasping. Know what I mean?

Sorry if I've come across like an asshole, it's truly not my intent.

I've dealt with anger issues my whole life and I've been on top of it for a few years now(compared to before) and I feel that fucking animal clawing its way back to the surface like the incredible Hulk and I'm doing all I can to keep that shit down. I literally feel like I'm cracking at times. Just glad I have at least one place I can let all of this shit out without feeling guilty.

My poor wife has dealt with enough in our 11 years together (8 married) that I just feel terrible venting in her direction anymore. She knows it's there and tries to help me with it but I just won't put it all on her anymore and I'm struggling with it because basically I'm an angry guy by nature and everything going on is really tugging at that beast. Know what I'm saying.

I should write more but I just can't seem to find the time. /angryrant

Comment

• Originally posted by Josh View Post

I should write more but I just can't seem to find the time.
                        We have a 'fanfic' thread now... go write in that!

I think Tim made you a bad guy!

Comment

• Hahaha, glorious. I'm headed that way.

Comment

• I don't think I have Josh in the story... yet. Ah, but I do have plans for him, and I hope he likes 'em!

Comment

• Yes! Write it all out! That'll help, it really really will.

Comment

• Challenge accepted, it'll take me some time to get my writing legs back under me but I've add an entry. I'm no Stephen King but Speilberg read my shit once. Lulz.

Comment

Working...
                                X