ISSA GOTDAMN WEEKEEEEEND THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
    Yea, she's pretty awesome. I mean just shy of a year and we have yet to have a single argument. How lucky can one get?
    Welcome to my world. lock that shit down sir.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      Just got back from the Ren Fest. I'm am fucking hammered right now.
      As you should be. Stories must be given .... once you have sobered up.
      If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        Welcome to my world. lock that shit down sir.
        Well I bought her $300 in bookshelves and put them together. Pretty sure that gives me carte blanche on dat azz.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
          Yea, she's pretty awesome. I mean just shy of a year and we have yet to have a single argument. How lucky can one get?
          Nice, isn't it? So far, George and I have had one slight disagreement in our whole two + years together. It's great to be with someone when you're not always screaming at each other (like my last ex!).
          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
            Hoping to hell we get to see drunk Ren Fest pictures of Matt!
            No pictures, sorry. Stupid me, I accidentally left my cellphone at home, charging. I totally spaced on bringing it, so I had no means by which to take any pictures. Believe me, I'm angry at myself: there were plenty of scantily clad women (good looking ones, too) that I'd have liked to snapped up.

Originally posted by Lesley View Post
            As you should be. Stories must be given .... once you have sobered up.
            It was that 4th honey mead that did me in. That shit creeps up on you, and WHAMMO...thank GOD that my wife was sober enough to drive; I had no business being behind the wheel of a car.

You ladies will appreciate the fact that I spent $406 on jewelry for my wife at the Fest (maybe THAT'S why she let me get hammered...hmmmmm). Two years ago, I bought her a necklace at one of the artisans for around $200. She loves it and wears it all of the time, so we bought the earrings and a bracelet to go with it. I didn't find ANYTHING at the Fest to spend my $150 in gift cards on, so I'll save 'em up for later.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
              Nice, isn't it? So far, George and I have had one slight disagreement in our whole two + years together. It's great to be with someone when you're not always screaming at each other (like my last ex!).
              I think we've had maybe 6(?) in our 6 years. And none of them were screaming, per se, but several of them were just over the stupidest shit(like what color Luke's lightsaber was in the first movie). So, yeah, I know how you feel!
              Last edited by Ingrid; 09-05-2010, 08:17 AM.
              Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Oh, and.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronchitis

So, yay! *sarcasm*
                Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by ingrid View Post
                  Oh, and.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronchitis

So, yay! *sarcasm*
                  In the other thread, when I told you about the Echinacea tea? I forgot to mention - I first stumbled upon it after a bad bout with bronchitis. The bronchitis itself mostly cleared up, but the cough was still going on. I started on the echinacea tea, and it chased the rest of the bronchitis right out of my chest. Really, the stuff is awesome!
                  2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• I'll have to pick some up today. I've tried taking Nathan's echinacea pills and they just don't do anything, so hopefully this will work better!

Comment

I think we've had maybe 6(?) in our 6 years. And none of them were screaming, per se, but several of them were just over the stupidest shit(like what color Luke's lightsaber was in the first movie). So, yeah, I know how you feel!
                      Blue. Everyone knows that.
                      We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                      - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I'll have to pick some up today. I've tried taking Nathan's echinacea pills and they just don't do anything, so hopefully this will work better!
                        Yeah, I've tried the capsules, the drops - neither did a thing. The tea, however, is amazing. It has to be the combo of the echinacea and the hot water/steam. It just clears you right out.

Comment

• I had the most relaxing weekend imaginable. We didn't end up going camping in the end, so...

FRIDAY:

- wife went over to her Mom's place to help out with younger sister's wedding, kids and I stayed home, played Wii, ate junk food, and then later that night I played WoW and Dragon Age

SATURDAY:

- entire house sleeps in till almost noon
                          - Lisa and I go shopping on our own, I get hoodwinked into buying her a Blackberry 3G 9300
                          - we go back, pick up the kids, go shopping and out to dinner, come home and chill together
                          - Amy (my 13-yr-old) goes out with her friends, then ends up bringing them all over to our house, so we set up our gamecube downstairs with Mario party, and her and her friends and my youngest proceed to grief each other for 3 hours while Lisa plays with her new phone and I do more Dragon Age
                          - in bed by 1 am

SUNDAY:

- sleep in again till 11am, get up and go mini-golfing/go-karting with kids and my mother-in-law/step-dad, I shoot 4 over par on a completely pirate-themed course that culminates with one hole that is actually on a ship (!!)
                          - we all go out for dinner, then back to the mother-in-law's house where my youngest played video games on their uber-uber-compy, and my oldest and step-father watched Mothman Prophecies
                          - we kick the 13-year-old back upstaris after than then watch a quick episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm from season 3 (crazy-eyes killah)
                          - then we have a huge fire in their back yard
                          - after the fire, it's 1am and we go back home

MONDAY:

- sleep in until 11am
                          - chill out at home for a bit, then I leave to go to my friend's place to play Samurai Swords (formerly known as Shogun) and catch up with a bunch of people I haven't hung out with in years
                          - Lisa and the kids go out for dinner again but this time with my father-in-law, then they go to eat gellati down in the village
                          - i come home at around 8pm and they are home around then too, so me Lisa and Amy watch trashy television (dating in the dark, hoarding: buried alive) and then do the whole pre-work-week shuffle (lunches, laundry, etc,)

TUESDAY:

- I am here at work, content with life, feeling very rested.

I did exactly 10 minutes of freelance this weekend, it was glorious!
                          <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

You ladies will appreciate the fact that I spent $406 on jewelry for my wife at the Fest (maybe THAT'S why she let me get hammered...hmmmmm). Two years ago, I bought her a necklace at one of the artisans for around $200. She loves it and wears it all of the time, so we bought the earrings and a bracelet to go with it.
                            God Damnit. I want some FEMALE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT for how awesome I am.
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

God Damnit. I want some FEMALE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT for how awesome I am.
                              Hey, I just bought my wife a 3 year cellphone contract that's gonna cost about $1800 over the course of the 3 years. Hows about you bend over and accept MY awesomeness :P
                              <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• Boys, boys, you're both pretty!

I had a pretty damn good weekend too! I layed around in absolute slothfulness on Saturday since George had to work. Did NOTHING but nap and watch a Project Runway marathon.

Sunday: Got off my ass and cleaned the apartment, then headed out to George's place in the late afternoon/early evening. We went out to dinner, did some grocery shopping, then stopped at Blockbuster and rented "Daybreakers" (which was AWESOME!). Came back to the house and watched the movie, with lots of popcorn and snuggling.

Monday: Got out of bed good and early, and had nothing but a good, productive day. Went out to brunch. George's truck is on its last legs, so within the next month or two, he really needs to get a new used car. So, we did a little car shopping - saw a 2006 Mazda 3 hatchback that we both fell in love with - the price is right, the mileage isn't too high, it has great ratings, and the car was obviously well loved and taken care of. It's even in his favorite car-color, which is silver (which I hate, but hey, it's his car!). He's leaning towards that one, but since it was literally the first one we sat in to test out, he wants to look around a little bit more. My concern is that he's gonna miss out on it if he doesn't find anything more perfect, which he may not. We'll see! I confess, I fell in love with this car, too - I really hope he gets it!

Then I dragged him out to buy a suit for my niece's wedding next month, and he was extremely good-natured about it. I mean, he needed a suit, no two ways around it, but he really was pretty patient about me dragging him back and forth like a yo-yo to get the nicest suit for the best price. He's going to look SO sharp!

Then we went to dinner, where I had the afore mentioned fish tacos (which I mentioned in the "What did you have for dinner?" thread), which I'd never had before, and they were awesome!

All in all, a relaxing, fun and productive weekend!
                                Last edited by Lisa; 09-07-2010, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X