ISSA GOTDAMN WEEKEEEEEND THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    102 pages of content to write by Monday and I've only done 8 pages.
    Whatcha writin'? You need some help?
    <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• Two bucks says it's Devin's Star Trek tv reviews.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• My weekend is wide open. My crazy in-laws cancelled camping plans, due to being crazy, so now my weekend just opened up into Realms of Possibility (as oppossed to Realms of Impossibility, the game where crosses are your friend). I have *some* freelance to do, but nothing all-encompassing. FREEDOM, HORRIBLE HORRIBLE FREEDOM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
          Two bucks says it's Devin's Star Trek tv reviews.
          Christ, that would be depressing...

DEVIN: "Here, peasant, translate my WordPerfect 6 documents into HTML. And no, I will not be upgrading my computer to run Office 97."

Comment

• I just found out there is a NEW* Kids in the Hall show on IFC tonight!

*OK, apparently it has already aired in Canadia

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
              Whatcha writin'? You need some help?

Reviews at AV and CHUD. Most of the today has spent going around to others and getting heads up about content. Then, I had to work on outside shit.

Then, I had to track potential new writers including a Grade A poach if I pull it off.

I had to haggle with ad buyers for an hour.

Now, I've got to convince myself to finish off the rest of the content. Then, I've got to finish off War for Cybertron, before I trade it in. But, I'll probably do that Sunday night.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Still stuck on the very last autobot level FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                  I just found out there is a NEW* Kids in the Hall show on IFC tonight!

*OK, apparently it has already aired in Canadia
                  It was okay. Some funny bits, but nothing reaching Brain Candy or even KITH.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
                    Reviews at AV and CHUD. Most of the today has spent going around to others and getting heads up about content. Then, I had to work on outside shit.

Then, I had to track potential new writers including a Grade A poach if I pull it off.

I had to haggle with ad buyers for an hour.

Now, I've got to convince myself to finish off the rest of the content. Then, I've got to finish off War for Cybertron, before I trade it in. But, I'll probably do that Sunday night.
                    Coolness! By "grade A poach", you mean for your site right and not CHUD?

Comment

• ANDERSONVISION 4 LYFE....right behind BDR....

Comment

• Room: clean (mostly), laundry: done, Ming: fed, 40-clove garlic chicken: cooking. Showered, shaved, about to go drink with friends. Not too shabby for only having been at home for two hours and 45 minutes.

And apparently I was making more hay out of Monday's retardation than anyone else was, because Kat was all chatty and fine today. Water under the bridge.
                        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Originally posted by Vault Vanderhuge View Post
                          Room: clean (mostly), laundry: done, Ming: fed, 40-clove garlic chicken: cooking. Showered, shaved, about to go drink with friends. Not too shabby for only having been at home for two hours and 45 minutes.

And apparently I was making more hay out of Monday's retardation than anyone else was, because Kat was all chatty and fine today. Water under the bridge.
                          KAT: huge Slayer fan, regardless of the insertion of semen into the performance.

Comment

• It was probably the semen that did it. I have super-sperm.
                            "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                            *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• *joins newsletter*

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                                Ah yes, the offical breakfast of Sam Peckinpah himself. Did you know he had himself that, a quart of vodka with a hefty bag of cocaine for lunch and a sensible dinner? Man got where he did because of that.
                                I think I heard of it from Lester Bangs' character in Almost Famous and - thanks to the weed I was smoking at the time - thought it would be a good idea to help me write from a 'stream of consciousness' viewpoint:

"I used to do speed. You know, and sometimes a little cough syrup? I'd stay up all night, just writing and writing. I mean, like pages of dribble - You know, about The Faces, or Coltrane. You know, just to fucking write."

Of all the pieces I submitted for my final grade - a 5-minute short, a 12-minute short, a production analysis of said short and my dissertation - my dissertation got the lowest grade and brought me down from a first to a 2:1.

Fuck Cameron Crowe and my dealer.
                                Last edited by Ben Thomas; 08-21-2010, 05:20 AM.
                                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Working...
                                X