No announcement yet.

ISSA GOTDAMN WEEKEEEEEND THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Already heard that bit if that's the one about he and Joe Cole. Devastating shit. Still totally pumped to see the man live since he's pretty much one of my idols save for the fact that I'm absolutely nothing close to straightedge which probably makes me a total piece of shit in his eyes but still
    "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
    *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
      2: Ming needs to be in the background
      This just slayed me. I'm just picturing it...

2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• I doubt Ming would be crying. He'd probably be throwing Jake a thumbs up or something.

Fuck. 7 hours to go 'til the three-day weekend. Agony over here!

Comment

• Ming would be learning how to work the camera. "Is this the zoom? This button, this one right here?"
          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• Got invited to a BBQ on Sunday.

I'll bring beer
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Oh yeah,

Mystery Team/Ghostbusters at New Bev

TO-NIGHT!
              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vault Vanderhuge View Post
                Already heard that bit if that's the one about he and Joe Cole. Devastating shit. Still totally pumped to see the man live since he's pretty much one of my idols save for the fact that I'm absolutely nothing close to straightedge which probably makes me a total piece of shit in his eyes but still
                Nah, it's a funny bit, nothing sad. I'm not sure how much material he keeps the same from show to show but there really wasn't anything sad during the show, a lot of thought-provoking stuff though.

Comment

• Just dropped Helen off at the airport for her 3 week trip to Alaska with the nieces and her brother. Three words. Naked Pool Party.
                  We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                  - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Really proud of ourselves...we took care of EVERYTHING at my in-laws yesterday:
                    - got the paperwork from the lawyers. got the wife set up as POA.
                    - visited all of their banks, got my wife added on to the trusts.
                    - visited all of the clinics, got the wife set up as POA.
                    - cancelled moot services (phone, cable tv, etc) for them.
                    - got them caught up on bills.

AND...we did all of that in around 5 hours.

Drove home, went to Old Chicago, and pounded some beer. We can now transition fully into FUN MODE for the weekend.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• That must have been hard, Matt, but good job. How are they doing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                        Really proud of ourselves...we took care of EVERYTHING at my in-laws yesterday:
                        - got the paperwork from the lawyers. got the wife set up as POA.
                        - visited all of their banks, got my wife added on to the trusts.
                        - visited all of the clinics, got the wife set up as POA.
                        - cancelled moot services (phone, cable tv, etc) for them.
                        - got them caught up on bills.

AND...we did all of that in around 5 hours.

Drove home, went to Old Chicago, and pounded some beer. We can now transition fully into FUN MODE for the weekend.
                        Crazy. How are you both doing today?
                        <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
                          That must have been hard, Matt, but good job. How are they doing?
                          They're doing about the same. She's lost 24 lbs over the past couple of months and is looking pretty frail, but the morphine is at LEAST letting her 'live' a bit.

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          Crazy. How are you both doing today?
                          Doing alright.

Saturday: Went to Stillwater for most of the day. Bopped around, soaked up some sun, and drank. a lot. More than we should have.

Sunday: I was fine, but my wife wasn't feeling all that well. We took care of some errands, did some shopping, and kinda relaxed. Got in a few more hours of 'Red Dead Redemption'.

Today: The wife is feeling better, but she's not up for anything wild at the moment. We bought some chow to grill for dinner tonight, so I think that we're gonna stick around, do some spring cleaning, and try and relax before kicking back into work mode.
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Awww! Hope she's feeling better, Matt.

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            do some spring cleaning
                            Okay, at the risk of sounding like a complete wacko, I just have to comment on this.

I've been studying for the contact law final which is tomorrow night, but since we have a long weekend, and I'm kind of chained down by this, I took one day to just clean the hell out of this place. And as cuckoo as this sounds, I am just blissed out at how totally clean and sweet smelling this place is. I should explain, I'm a neat freak and a clean freak, and this place really needed the once over. Between work and class, I hadn't cleaned in two weeks. So as far as my home life goes, nothing, and I mean NOTHING makes me happier than that moment when I'm DONE, and the whole place is just sparkling, and smells wonderful. So since I just wrapped it up yesterday afternoon, I'm just sort of still basking in that "brand new clean home" mode.

Comment

• I know that feeling, Lisa.

We have 'zones' in our house:
                              - Zone #1: Living room, dining room, and kitchen - We keep this zone vacuumed, organized, and presentable pretty much 100% of the time.
                              - Zone #2: Master bedroom - We make the bed every day, and we vacuum it pretty regularly. We clean it maybe once a month.
                              - Zone #3: Master/upstairs bathroom - We should really clean this more often.
                              - Zone #4: The downstairs - This entails another living area, a bedroom, the second bathroom, the laundry room, and some storage - We really don't use this zone too much (except for the laundry room), so I vacuum it every once in a while and dust it.
                              - Zone #5: The office - Yeah, I pretty much just shut the door to this room whenever company comes over. I'm gonna tackle it today...or tomorrow...sometime this year, FOR SURE.

Comment

• The zones - that's excellent! My place is just totally tiny, so it's not big enough for zones. But since I'm a total neatnik, and can't stand clutter, everything is always neat and tidy - dishes are always washed and put away, bed is always made, litterbox is always scooped and clean, and I don't have clothes or two million other things laying around. So everything's always neat and orderly and put away. However, that doesn't mean that in the past two weeks, it hasn't all been covered with a layer of cat fur and dust! So this feels great.

Comment

Working...
                                X