No announcement yet.

ISSA GOTDAMN WEEKEEEEEND THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just set your mower to the lowest level and sling that shit everywhere. Most will leave your yard, the rest will remind you of their existence the first time you go shoe-less.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• That sounds like a recipe for disaster.

So, I found the Mexican lawn crew and asked them how much it would be for them to go over it with the Cyclone. Turns out that last year I had a neighbor in the same predicament and one of these guys who did the clean-up ended up having to get 14 stitches in their shin from the bounceback. Naturally, they weren't going to do it again.

I'm feeling better than last night, so I was going to return the VAC after using it once more. Turns out that it's my Shop VAC that I left over in HonkeyTown last year.

HonkeyTown is a real neighboring area with quite a bizarre point of origin. Still, it's nice and one of the few areas of this city I like to hang out in anymore.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Strawberry Festival was a success! Generic corn dog and fries for lunch because I didn’t know about the HUGE collection of food trucks on the other side of the river. Then we found it and the origin of the strawberry donuts everyone raves about. Holy shit, these things are the tits. I bought a dozen. We’ll definitely go back next year, but betterplanning on my part needs to happen.
        Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
          That sounds like a recipe for disaster.

So, I found the Mexican lawn crew and asked them how much it would be for them to go over it with the Cyclone. Turns out that last year I had a neighbor in the same predicament and one of these guys who did the clean-up ended up having to get 14 stitches in their shin from the bounceback. Naturally, they weren't going to do it again.

I'm feeling better than last night, so I was going to return the VAC after using it once more. Turns out that it's my Shop VAC that I left over in HonkeyTown last year.

HonkeyTown is a real neighboring area with quite a bizarre point of origin. Still, it's nice and one of the few areas of this city I like to hang out in anymore.
          Can't blame me for trying.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Spent most of the weekend working on assembling the last photo gig for the season. 64 teams worth of soccer players all finished and ready to be printed (still have to do all the team photos - should have those ready to go by middle of the week), and I'm so totally burnt out it ain't funny. The hefty overtime pay, however, will soothe my tired brow nicely. Been working on editing photos and assembling photo packages almost every weekend since early April, so I am festering to get to next weekend where I can finally kick back and relax.

Dad's doing better, but he's still touch-and-go. Past week or so he's been plagued with breathing issues - Thursday it got so bad, we were convinced this was it as we hauled ass to the hospital to possibly say our good-byes. Got there, found him in bed, eating his dinner and breathing normally with his O2 gear. The collective sigh of relief was deafening, let me tells ya. Jen and I are gonna see him again Monday night; Jen and my mom got to hang with him yesterday and today.

Also enjoyed myself at the Blueclaws game with Jen and her sister's family on Friday, even though the Claws put up no hits during the game - second game I've seen at the stadium, and the home team played like shit both times. While at the game, got to reunite with an old buddy that started me off on my future art career when I was a kid, so it was great to shoot the breeze with him for a bit.
            Last edited by Timothy225; 06-03-2018, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• Grilling was a mistake. Fucking heat index hit 107 yesterday. I couldn't get through half a beer before I just asked for water. I'll go back outside for Thanksgiving.

Comment

• Friday was a great evening with lots of friends and booze.

I went to a microbrewery tour with fellow amateur brewers last Saturday. We were drunk as fuck by 1pm. Drinking on the bus didn't help!

Yesterday was our annual block party.

Basically, I drank my liver into submission for 3 days straight.
                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  Grilling was a mistake. Fucking heat index hit 107 yesterday. I couldn't get through half a beer before I just asked for water. I'll go back outside for Thanksgiving.
                  Fans, cool wet wash cloth and a set of balls will fix most of that for you Billiam.

Comment

• Or staying inside with my air conditioning.

Comment

• Air conditioning.....what's that? #ShitBrokePeopleSay

Comment

• Went to visit my grandpa early yesterday, as his health took a serious turn for the worst. After that we stayed on the south side of town, because we were going to a local wrestling show for Sarah's birthday. So we saw Hereditary, ate an amazing dinner, then I shit talked bad indie wrestling with her coworker I like. Today we had breakfast, then took CPR certification. My friend is trying to foster to adopt, and any potential babysitters have to have the certification. So she offered to pay and get us lunch if we would take the class. We did, it was actually goofy and a good time, and learned how to do it right. Then we swam in her pool and cooked burgers and had a good afternoon. Got a pork loin going in the sous vide and chilling the fuck out the rest of the evening.

Comment

• Nicely done, Bill!

First weekend in a long while where I didn't have to do any work-related stuff. Surfed the web, caught Solo with Jen (we liked it quite a bit) on Saturday. Spent Sunday visiting my Dad at the nearby rehab with my Mom and Jen (once he builds up his strength and can move around with a walker, he comes home!), retrieved my S&W and kit from my folks' house (Dad borrowed it a couple years ago when we shot at the pistol range in Lakewood, and was sure he sold it along with his Baretta when he stopped going due to his health); currently making plans with my brother-in-law to start hitting the range again.

Not a bad weekend, really. Hoping next weekend will be sunnier and warmer as we had lots of clouds and a decent amount of rain here and there.

Comment

• had a fun Father's Day weekend at the cabin. The weather was shit but still had fun. The oldman dug flatop grill I got him and his new computer as well. He played on it pretty much all weekend. Also had him watch The Final Girls and he loved it. Was iffy for the first 15 mins but as soon as they were in the movie he said "Oh shit, this is just like Last Action Hero!" It helps that he fucking loves Last Action Hero.

Overall a fun weekend.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                            X