No announcement yet.

ISSA GOTDAMN WEEKEEEEEND THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just be there for the wife. All that matters. And your reward for being a good husband will be warmth.

Comment

• Jesus Matt. What Billy said. Keep your chin up man.

This weekend wasn't too shabby. Friday Lesley and I hung out with Ceej and celebrated the last day of my job. Saturday we went out and had some tasty sushi and beer before heading to Eden Prairie to get my hobo hair fixed. Checked out the Accountant (not bad) and drank most of the night. Yesterday we both had mini hangovers and went and got brunch before coming home and redoing the nerd cave. I threw my back out (suckkkks) but I'm diggin the new setup. Made our white chicken chili while Lesley made some crazy jambalaya in the pressure cooker for her lunches and watched a ridiculously awesome football game (shit was nuts).

Had to stay up late because the cats vomited on our blanket and we didn't notice until like 10 which means we had to wash it and dry it before bed. That kind of sucked.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Hold on, hold on...you were in Eden Prairie on Saturday and didn't tell me??? That's like, where I live, man. Where did you go for your haircut?
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Regis at EP Center because my lady ended up there. I've followed her to like 6 different places in the last 6 years. It's sooooo goddamn far for us.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Tell me next time you're in EP. It's bonkers that I haven't met you guys yet.
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• The Acura is nice. Best things about it are 1) the seat warmers and 2) the side-view mirror defrosters.

Bad thing about it right now is that the stereo doesn't work. It's been giving out an error message. I can't have tunes while I drive.

Damn, Matt! My sympathies to you and your wife. It's hard watching someone linger like that. Believe me, I know. I don't know how it is where you live, but if he was in the hospice unit of the hospital, there may be only a limited amount of days (it's 5 days here in Jersey) that they can keep him in.

Just keep being there for your wife and letting her know how much you love her. It will help just having someone there to hold and love her. Trust me.
              Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• Kind of a chill weekend. The boy had a lot of cub scout stuff to do, and we banged most of it out. One of those things required a visit to the Newark Museum. I had never been there before, and from what little I saw of the collection, it looked pretty impressive. They have all kinds of activities for kids, so we spent more time doing that than actually looking at the exhibits (which I think went contrary to the scout assignment, but whatever). Took the comforter to a laundromat around the corner for the big washing machines. Made a pot or marinara and the wife made a pot of chicken soup for the week.
                I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Fucking. Amazing. Weekend! Drove out to D.C. Friday with one of my oldest friends and had dinner at this really tasty place in my sister's town. Got back to her place and crashed early so we could be up at 5:30. We took the metro in, so we needed to be at the station as early as possible. As it was, the trains were paaaaaacked. Found out later from a friend that was dropped off that the highways and streets in the city were all but deserted.

Our metro operator was awesome: super enthusiastic, kept thanking us all for what we were doing, and made sure he was speaking loudly enough to be heard over the din. Chants and cheers started in the train and continued when we got off. I really started to get the enormity of the whole thing when we stepped off at L'enfant Plaza. Wall to wall bodies with the same goal; all chanting, clapping, cheering. People making new friends from across the country and Canada. The whole way towards the main stage, i felt nothing but love.
                  There were some tense moments shortly after the speakers started, where we were smooshed up against a media van with nowhere to go, but otherwise no issues.
                  The march finally got moving, more chanting and cheering. We made our way to the elipse and just stood, watching the thousands of people pouring in behind us. It was about 215 and we realized if we ever had a hope of getting home on the metro we had better leave then. So we made our way towards Pennsylvania Avenue and encountered another wave of marchers. Just people as far as the eye could see in every direction.

We made our way to the metro station and squeezed on to a car and headed back to our car, once again surrounded by people on the same side. Again, our conductor/operator(a woman this time) was awesome. "Make sure you have a plan A, B, C, and D. Please check to make sure you have everybody before you exit the train..." so forth. We were taking the train all the way to the end, so when we got out we were able to cheer her and give high fives. She stepped out of her compartment and put on her pussy hat and took pictures with some of the marchers.

Sorry if this is tl;dr, but I really did try to truncate it!

Conclusion? Love, not hate, will make America great. You may only be one voice, but you can make a difference.
                  Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• You're the best Ingrid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ingrid View Post
                      Fucking. Amazing. Weekend! Drove out to D.C. Friday with one of my oldest friends and had dinner at this really tasty place in my sister's town. Got back to her place and crashed early so we could be up at 5:30. We took the metro in, so we needed to be at the station as early as possible. As it was, the trains were paaaaaacked. Found out later from a friend that was dropped off that the highways and streets in the city were all but deserted.

Our metro operator was awesome: super enthusiastic, kept thanking us all for what we were doing, and made sure he was speaking loudly enough to be heard over the din. Chants and cheers started in the train and continued when we got off. I really started to get the enormity of the whole thing when we stepped off at L'enfant Plaza. Wall to wall bodies with the same goal; all chanting, clapping, cheering. People making new friends from across the country and Canada. The whole way towards the main stage, i felt nothing but love.
                      There were some tense moments shortly after the speakers started, where we were smooshed up against a media van with nowhere to go, but otherwise no issues.
                      The march finally got moving, more chanting and cheering. We made our way to the elipse and just stood, watching the thousands of people pouring in behind us. It was about 215 and we realized if we ever had a hope of getting home on the metro we had better leave then. So we made our way towards Pennsylvania Avenue and encountered another wave of marchers. Just people as far as the eye could see in every direction.

We made our way to the metro station and squeezed on to a car and headed back to our car, once again surrounded by people on the same side. Again, our conductor/operator(a woman this time) was awesome. "Make sure you have a plan A, B, C, and D. Please check to make sure you have everybody before you exit the train..." so forth. We were taking the train all the way to the end, so when we got out we were able to cheer her and give high fives. She stepped out of her compartment and put on her pussy hat and took pictures with some of the marchers.

Sorry if this is tl;dr, but I really did try to truncate it!

Conclusion? Love, not hate, will make America great. You may only be one voice, but you can make a difference.
                      Next time, bring firearms!
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                        Next time, bring firearms!
                        But Obama terk our gerns!*

*That would be an "alternative truth".
                        Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• You rock Ingrid!
                          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Had a friend come down to visit from Dallas this weekend. So have been on the run all weekend, eating. Boozing. Going to museums. Enjoying the weather. Not a bad way to spend one of the last beautiful weekends of the year.

Comment

• Amazing weekend. Was in the high 50s so we spent the weekend day drinking and walking around downtown Hudson on Saturday and on Sunday we grilled some burgers outside and ate them with bloody Mary's on our porch.

Comment

• Nice!

I got back into town on Friday night from Milwaukee where the weather was just as nice as it was here. My father in law continues to fail, so we went and saw him on Saturday. Very rough. We asked the nurses what they thought and they flat out said 'don't make any plans to travel out of the country for the next month'. Yeah, it's gonna be soon.

Spent Sunday running errands and generally enjoying the weather. It was really, really awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X