No announcement yet.

ISSA GOTDAMN WEEKEEEEEND THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry to hear about your Dad ruining most of your weekend. I kind of know how you feel about your dad. My dad's a diabetic narcissist. He really can't live alone and has finally accepted that he's going to be in a nursing home for the rest of his life. Thankfully, since I have no power in the decisions for him (his sister has POA and handles everything), I didn't have to worry about the process to get him in the nursing home. However, since I live right around the corner from the nursing home and my aunt lives in New York, I get to pick up some of the necessities that he needs (like toothpaste, mouthwash and batteries (for his CD player)). I do get reimbursed for any items I purchase for him.
    Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      Spent the weekend dealing with my fucking Dad again. He fell in his assisted living facility on Friday night around 11:30, and he was taken to the hospital. We all had to take turns going to the hospital and checking him out, and we all had to work on trying to get him moved to a fucking nursing home. He loved being the center of attention (he's a narcissist with dementia), so he was having fun while we all cancelled our plans and catered to his needs.

The only plans that I got to keep:
      - Seeing CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR on Friday night (loved it)
      - Acting in a short film on Sunday morning. That was fun.

This coming weekend is the wedding reception for my nephew. We've all made the collective decision that my Dad is not fucking coming. He can't stand not being the center of attention, and he almost ruined my brother's wedding last year with his demands for exclusive attention from everyone. We were able to shield my brother and his new wife from it (he only found out about it this weekend when we were discussing the upcoming reception), but it was an absolute endurance test that we aren't wanting to repeat.
      ooooooooooooooooooooof sorry Matt. That's all miserable.

Comment

• Ouch. sorry Matt.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          You should see the half broken sewer gate near it that has a spray painted arrow pointing to go deeper.
          Pennywise up to his old tricks again!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
            Spent the weekend dealing with my fucking Dad again. He fell in his assisted living facility on Friday night around 11:30, and he was taken to the hospital. We all had to take turns going to the hospital and checking him out, and we all had to work on trying to get him moved to a fucking nursing home. He loved being the center of attention (he's a narcissist with dementia), so he was having fun while we all cancelled our plans and catered to his needs.

The only plans that I got to keep:
            - Seeing CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR on Friday night (loved it)
            - Acting in a short film on Sunday morning. That was fun.

This coming weekend is the wedding reception for my nephew. We've all made the collective decision that my Dad is not fucking coming. He can't stand not being the center of attention, and he almost ruined my brother's wedding last year with his demands for exclusive attention from everyone. We were able to shield my brother and his new wife from it (he only found out about it this weekend when we were discussing the upcoming reception), but it was an absolute endurance test that we aren't wanting to repeat.
            Whoa, that's crappy. At least you're all able to be in agreement about the wedding. It's a tough decision but ultimately sounds like the right one.

Comment

• Had a great weekend. Grilled out both days, went to downtown Hudson and grabbed some food and sat outside. Walked the river and went into some tiny shops and had some amazing ice cream.

Also went on two hikes and found some cool shit in the woods like a giant kiln from the 1800s and where all the fly fisherman fish. It's awesome to have shit like this within a mile of our place.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Did you climb any forest stairs?

Comment

• Didn't climb any, but saw a few.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Good weekend here, too.

Saturday: ran errands and then went to my nephew's wedding reception up in Maple Grove. Perfect evening outside, lots of fun.

Sunday: went to Stillwater all day. We walked around the river and ate at Smalley's (had the jerk pork tacos...maximum yum time). Came home and watched GoT and PREACHER.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      Didn't climb any, but saw a few.
                      No shit? pictures? Any bodies or dolls with eyes scratched out?

Comment

• haha, no bodies or dolls. I'll try to take a picture next time if we can find them again. We just kept randomly taking paths whenever we saw one.

Comment

• On Friday my wife said we should go do something fun over the weekend. But I didn't immediately think of anything in the five seconds she gave me to respond so she decided it would be better to do yard work all weekend long.

Comment

• hahahahah. Wife be wifin'

Comment

• Worked all weekend, as I've done for the past two months. Particularly grueling, as my last real day off was the 14th, and I won't get any downtime until Friday afternoon.

On the plus side, I'm FINALLY done with this massive photo project - 7 local Little League groups, each with 30+ teams and about 300 kids or so. Each getting photo packages and assorted knick-knacks. Plus, my usual work assignments and freelance work, too.

To say I'm exhausted is an understatement. This weekend I'm slacking off something fierce.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                                Worked all weekend, as I've done for the past two months. Particularly grueling, as my last real day off was the 14th, and I won't get any downtime until Friday afternoon.

On the plus side, I'm FINALLY done with this massive photo project - 7 local Little League groups, each with 30+ teams and about 300 kids or so. Each getting photo packages and assorted knick-knacks. Plus, my usual work assignments and freelance work, too.

To say I'm exhausted is an understatement. This weekend I'm slacking off something fierce.
                                I'd say you've earned it!
                                Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                                Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                                POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X