No announcement yet.

ISSA GOTDAMN WEEKEEEEEND THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake, that sounds like a blast - great pictures!

Yesterday, George & I, along with his cousin and his aunt and uncle, went out to this huge flea market and classic car show in Rhinebeck. Despite that it was 90 degrees in the shade, we had a great time. I picked up something incredibly fun that I've been looking for for a long time - this little gem with a bunch of extras attached:

http://www.amazon.com/Lightnings-Ame...2891654&sr=1-3

About ten years back, a company called Johnny Lightning came out with a series of famous cars from TV shows (Hot Wheels size, just little ones) - The General Lee, the Batmobile, etc. Since this flea market is hooked in with the car show, a lot of the vendors sell collectible Hot Wheels, Matchboxes, etc. So there are tons of toy car sellers out there. Last year, I got a little Batmobile, and a psychedelic painted VW bug. This year, I had my eyes out for a Monkee Mobile. Normally, they sell just the car, but apparently, there was this little set floating around that I didn't know about. As we wandered around from the vendors, I caught up to George and heard him asking one guy if he had it. The guy starts telling us, "I don't, but there's a guy in one of the other buildings further down who does - or at least he did yesterday. It's pretty cool - it's the Monkee mobile, plus a Monkees' van, plus four little Monkee figures. I think he was asking $20 for it", which still would have been a steal, because we didn't know there were sets.

So we amble around, and we're looking for the guy - and all of a sudden I spot it. I quietly grab it up, and nudge George to show him. I casually ask the guy, "Hi, how much are you asking for this?" The other guy said he thought it was $20. The actual answer from the vendor? "I'll take $7 for it." I've never seen George whip out his wallet so fast!

And now - look at the link! It goes for $65 online because Johnny Lightning went belly up a few years back! SWEEET!!
    Last edited by Lisa; 05-03-2010, 07:30 AM.
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by Vault Vanderhuge View Post

I keep looking for the dick drawn in the sand, but I don't see one.

Comment

• Spent Saturday with the in-laws. Again. This was necessary, though: they had bills to pay and a couple of issues that needed to get resolved, so it had an actual PURPOSE beyond the usual 'seeing the in-laws again' kind of thing.

Spent yesterday working on our flowerbed. I went to Bachmans and dropped around $75 on some compost and new flowers for our front door garden. It was nice outside yesterday (a bit windy, though), and I spent a thoroughly enjoyable 3 hours digging in the dirt. The wife unit ooohed and aaaaahed when I was done. I'm gonna let these grow and fill out for about a month and then fill in any gaps that I see.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• How's your MIL doing, Matt?
          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• We had a nice lunch yesterday and then took a walk around the park. Was pretty awesome actually.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Guy Meatdrapes View Post
              We had a nice lunch yesterday and then took a walk around the park. Was pretty awesome actually.
              It would have been absolutely perfect if it wasn't so damn windy.
              If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
                How's your MIL doing, Matt?
                Not good. She's very, very weak and really shows no signs of improvement. She hardly eats anything, and she pretty much stays in her room 100% of the time. To ME, it seems like she's given up...my wife and FIL both insist that she's fighting this, but I really don't see it.

One estimate has given her 3-6 months...another estimate has given her 6-9 months. I honestly don't see her lasting beyond the Summer.
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Recorded a new episode
                  Did the surf lesson
                  Watched Bad Lieutenant 2
                  Spent way too much at the Grocery Store
                  Finished Mad Men Season 3
                  "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    Not good. She's very, very weak and really shows no signs of improvement. She hardly eats anything, and she pretty much stays in her room 100% of the time. To ME, it seems like she's given up...my wife and FIL both insist that she's fighting this, but I really don't see it.

One estimate has given her 3-6 months...another estimate has given her 6-9 months. I honestly don't see her lasting beyond the Summer.
                    I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm still sending out good thoughts to you and your family.

Comment

• My best wishes to you MIL and your family, Matt. I'm sorry to hear she's not doing well.

Comment

• hey

probably gonna go downtown if I can't get a hold of people to go to Zuma Beach

broke as fucc but still gonna get down somehow, thank god for a seasonal bus pass

what about y'all
                        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Just woke up, currently editing the new cast and gonna play games today. Hopefully check out Iron Man tomorrow. OTherwise, it's a bit chilly out here so will probably be stoned off my ass all weekend. haha
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Trying to get caught up on shit.

Then, trying to beat games I hate to trade in for May releases.

Looking to get trade-in deals on Alan Wake and Super Mario Galaxy 2. Going to go Amazon route for Red Dead Redemption.
                            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bentley Dave Matthews Band Nirvana Purdy Hughes II Jr. View Post
                              will probably be stoned off my ass all weekend. haha
                              Word. Roommate cleaned the fuck out of the house yesterday, so I'm going to at least straighten up my areas tomorrow and then spend the rest of the day doing laundry/reviews/hanging out.
                              "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~

Comment

• Also, Lassard: Wake's that bad, huh?

~

Comment

Working...
                                X