No announcement yet.

ISSA GOTDAMN WEEKEEEEEND THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sort of in a little bit of a dilemna this weekend. Basically, I am able to function for a set number of hours a day inbetween when I am medicated and when pain gets severe enough that I need to medicate. My family has been awesome with giving me the necessary time to sleep, but my freelance commitments will not wait. My doctors have all said rest is a primary component in getting well though, and my main full-time job has basically said "take as much time as you need".

I could pull off a personal PR coupe of the year by doing all of the stuff that needs doing this weekend for freelance and then be forevermore labelled "One hardcore mutherfucker who, despite kidney issues, did the work that needed to get done", or I could do the bare minimum and party with my family in front of netflix and downloaded movies (got Bridesmaids and Your Highness for my wife and I, Kung Fu Panda 2 for the kids). Or do some kind of hybrid between the two. I still haven't passed this stone, so if that happens this weekend then that will probably be the only thing I do that day, but we will see.

Bah, kidney problems! A POX ON YOUR HOUSE!
    <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• I am always free to punch people in the kidneys.

Let me know.

Comment

• Feel for ya, Mike. Bets thing to do is the hybrid if you can pull it off and there's less pain. Otherwise, try to be a hero and...

Again, don't overexert yourself - listen to your doctor/urologist.

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
          I am always free to punch people in the kidneys.

Let me know.
          haha, I would love to fly you up to do it, none of my other friends are unsquemish enough!
          <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• Ah, what do they know?

A little pain never hurt nobody!

Comment

• There's no way you can just rest, Mike? You can't put off the other stuff for a bit? It's pointless if you're not going to heal properly.
              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• I passed a kidney stone a few years ago. It made it from my kidney into my bladder in about a day, and then it took a fucking week of pure agony to go from my bladder through my dick. Good GOD did that hurt.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I'm so happy I don't have those... yet.
                  BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Count your blessings, Martin. Count your blessings.

And with that - 7,000 posts! Three cheers and a tiger for me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      I'm so happy I don't have those... yet.
                      I'm so happy I won't have those at all. They sound like a little slice of hell.

This weekend consists of a hair appointment (cut and color, although I do the color myself at home when I get back) this morning, then lunch at JJ's for sushi with my best friend Kerrin, and later on out to George's for the rest of the weekend.
                      Last edited by Lisa; 09-17-2011, 05:59 AM.
                      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• Sushi...I love sushi!
                        Sounds like a great weekend,Lisa Enjoy!
                        “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.”

Comment

• hitting the Black Forest tonight for some German food. Das BIER!!!
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            hitting the Black Forest tonight for some German food. Das BIER!!!
                            Mmmm, I wanna go wif you

I did pork chops,cut up and cooked with sauerkraut over mashed potatoes the other night. YUMMY!
                            “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.”

Comment

• I'm outtie for the weekend, buttons. Off to NJ to visit the folks for the weekend, and ponder how I fucked up my life by allowing myself to get painted into a corner in a lousy, shitty secretarial job for the past 22 years. So.... see ya Monday!

Comment

• Up early and cleaning and final prep for our epix bbq tonight. Even got Brittany up early to take Gucci to the groomer so he will be so fresh and so clean clean for all the company tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X