No announcement yet.

ISSA GOTDAMN WEEKEEEEEND THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *looks at Gravedigger suspiciously* If the machine does the work for you, then why do you need help?
    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Aw man, I'd love to come over and help gravedigger! I find that kind of thing fun, especially when there is equipment involved!

Welp, I would have failed my Gom Jibbar today. Woke up at 6:30am in horrendous pain from my kidney stone, tried everything I could think of to get rid of said pain, then ended up throwing in the towel and getting driven back to the hospital to get looked at again. My stone has barely moved, and they had to load me up on IV-based meds to control the pain. I hate being this vulnerable in front of my wife but I truly was like an animal. Had I the ability to gnaw my own kidneys out I would have cheerfully done so :/
      <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• That sucks, Mike. Isn't there a way they can use ultrasound machines to break it up into smaller, hopefully less painful, pieces? I thought I saw that on a medical documentary once.

Originally posted by Howard View Post
        *looks at Gravedigger suspiciously* If the machine does the work for you, then why do you need help?
        Because I basically live in a gravel pit and am expecting the trencher will not be able to completely get the job done without a couple dudes holding the machine down. I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

Comment

• Mike, just remember Deadwood then find your power animal.

Comment

• There is no shame in using drugs to cope with that kind of pain. While I haven't had the displeasure of kidney stones, I have had two gall stone attacks. Drugs are the only sane way to get through the pain.

As far as ultrasound to break up the stone, I'm assuming that they decided it was too small. Hence they releasing Mike back home to deal with the pain there.
            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
              There is no shame in using drugs to cope with that kind of pain. While I haven't had the displeasure of kidney stones, I have had two gall stone attacks. Drugs are the only sane way to get through the pain.

As far as ultrasound to break up the stone, I'm assuming that they decided it was too small. Hence they releasing Mike back home to deal with the pain there.

I AM COMPLETELY FUCKED UP ON TRAMACET RIGHT NOW THE SECRET IS TWO PILLS AT A TIME AND NOT ONE I CAN SEE ALL COLOURS AND THEY ARE ALL BLENDING INTO MY BRAIN I AM TRULY ALIVE
              <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• MY GOD IT'S FULL OF STARS!

Comment

• If I remember correctly, Tramacet/tramadol takes about 30-45 minutes to kick in. I'm guessing that's why you took 2 pills? Not knowing how big of a script the doctor gave you, I'd hoard those bad boys. Sometimes it takes days for a stone to pass. Also, I always got the worst migraine/headache coming off of Tramacet. /dad

Comment

• When I had my stones, the doctors at the hospital used to give me Percocet to kill the pain, but I'd built up a tolerance to it over time. Now, it does bupkiss for me.

Howard's right - they probably decided the stone was too small to hammer with ultrasound (basically, you get in a tub of water, and they fire the soundwaves through it, breaking up the stone. Sounds like gunshots). Chances are you'll pass it when you piss, and you'll likely need to piss through a strainer or something to catch the stone for analysis. DRINK LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER to help the stone move through your plumbing, and stay in the habit for awhile as it'll keep your system flushed and less of a chance for stones to form.

If it's a calcium-based stone, you'll be changing your diet for awhile to compensate. You'll get through this, Mike. It sucks at the moment, but you'll be OK once the stone passes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

I AM COMPLETELY FUCKED UP ON TRAMACET RIGHT NOW THE SECRET IS TWO PILLS AT A TIME AND NOT ONE I CAN SEE ALL COLOURS AND THEY ARE ALL BLENDING INTO MY BRAIN I AM TRULY ALIVE
                      Originally posted by PHEDG View Post
                      MY GOD IT'S FULL OF STARS!

Hey guize, what time does Country Joe and The Fish start their set?
                      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Played magic, made good food, played games, went to an art park, and drank. Not too shabby.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Brittany stayed sick all weekend. Worried she might be getting the flu. I didn't even get anniversary ass

Comment

• Went to a night barbeque. Watched ablebodies play Beerzbee. Took turns flying my fellow crip friend's micro r/c airplane with LEDs over head cause havoc.

Comment

• Trenching update: Trencher was a gutless wonder that didn't work worth a shit. Had to use a trackhoe instead which was still a pain in the ass. Put a minor dent/crack in the siding (which apparently is the end of the world) and fucked up the fence. Fucking hate my house and everything about it. So glad I'm leaving for three days by myself.

Comment

• Nothing about that update sounded good (except the 3 days away part). End of the world as per the wife?

Comment

Working...
                                X