No announcement yet.

Best Avatars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only thing we tip in conjunction with Mr. Faraci is Mr. Faraci himself when he falls asleep in the fields.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Kate View Post
      To some degree, yes

Also, I just saw it again in imax...

Why is Wes Studi's head a different shape than every other Na'vi in the film?
      Because he's Wes Fucking Studi, that's why!

Comment

• Originally posted by B_MetalSucks View Post
        The only thing we tip in conjunction with Mr. Faraci is Mr. Faraci himself when he falls asleep in the fields.
        "Edgy cow-tipping humor lulz indeed" - Devin Faraci

In fairness, I'm fond of Devin. I think he has great wit and is usually right about most issues other than Roman Polanski and Videogames As Art

V:

Well, Studi does have a distinctive face but if you look at his skull shape in Avatar it's like his head is a giant watermellon set on a 45 degree angle on top of his neck. It's really weird looking and no other character in the film has a head like that. At first I thought that Jake didn't have that head because his Avatar has human DNA... but no, none of the other male native Na'vi look like that either
        Last edited by Kate; 02-27-2010, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• Kate, I have not even gone to see it yet, and the way it looks now, I may just wait for the disc, since they will obviously rush it to home video based on the box office alone.

I'll look at Wes's head then...

Comment

Does your apartment really look like that? If so, that's even cooler. Pretty classy over all.
            LOL! No, it doesn't - I'd kill to have that kind of space! The backgrounds they give you - you just sort of pick one you like best. They had some NY-ish ones grouped together, and that one was called something like "City Apartment", so I picked it. The full shot also allows you to pick a pet if you want, so I picked a gray striped cat who looks like Edison sitting on the floor next to me. But as far as the actual avatar, in the face and hair, it really does look a lot like me - out of the "do it yourself" avatars, I've done several, and that one's pretty close to what I actually look like.

Apparently, the "Simpsonize Me" site is down for now - ahh well, it was fun while it lasted. Probably if you Google it, you can find it somewhere else.
            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Kate. I like you. Don't change that by singing praises for the Faraci. He's an evil beast that must be destroyed, despite his writing style. The less said the better.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• A cat named Edison...

If Matrix were here, he'd laugh too...

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
                  Kate, I have not even gone to see it yet, and the way it looks now, I may just wait for the disc, since they will obviously rush it to home video based on the box office alone.

I'll look at Wes's head then...
                  Haha, you're going to miss your chance to see it in 3D? The 3D revolution will pass you by! I've seen it three times. Probably won't see it again in theaters though
                  Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
                  LOL! No, it doesn't - I'd kill to have that kind of space! The backgrounds they give you - you just sort of pick one you like best. They had some NY-ish ones grouped together, and that one was called something like "City Apartment", so I picked it. The full shot also allows you to pick a pet if you want, so I picked a gray striped cat who looks like Edison sitting on the floor next to me. But as far as the actual avatar, in the face and hair, it really does look a lot like me - out of the "do it yourself" avatars, I've done several, and that one's pretty close to what I actually look like.

Apparently, the "Simpsonize Me" site is down for now - ahh well, it was fun while it lasted. Probably if you Google it, you can find it somewhere else.
                  Lol, ah ok, I was curious! I was born in NYC but have not lived there for 22 years. I was thinking though that if that really was how big your place was that must mean you were rich. I don't know much about NYC real estate other than the fact that people are always saying that the NYC apartments in films are too large. I was wondering if the same was true for avatars: P I like it though, good work. I'll have to try that myself some day.

I have a couple of other AVATAR avatars I made, I'm going to see if I can come up with a less embarrassing one, otherwise I'll just post the best of the previous batch. That one I posted before was among the worst of them all. I love how the ears appear to be jutting out at strange angles and it has a lazy eye.

PS Your cat's name IRL is Edison? As in, Thomas Alva?

Comment

I don't know much about NYC real estate other than the fact that people are always saying that the NYC apartments in films are too large.

PS Your cat's name IRL is Edison? As in, Thomas Alva?
                    Yeah, don't go by TV and movies for the size of NY apartments. I know people who ARE rich, and still have really tiny apartments (and no, I wish I was rich, that would be nice!). That's why you see on shows like "Friends" where Monica and Rachel live in this big, kick-ass apartment in the city, but are a semi-employed chef and a coffee bar waitress. Nope, doesn't work like that!

As for my Edison, yup - as in Thomas Alva. But technically, I named him in memory of a late friend of mine from college who was named after Thomas Edison. His first name was Thomas, his middle name was Edison, and he went by Edison, his middle name. Died in an accident the summer before our senior year. So years later when I got Edison as a kitten, I named him after him.

Here's a picture of my schmoo!

2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• My cat's name is Bucky.

Comment

• (*Runs off to start a pet thread!*)

Comment

• Right! FRIENDS! I've been watching reruns cause they're on NBC sometimes during the Olympics. That's exactly what I was talking about

As for your cat, I was going get in a huff about how you should have named him Tesla (because Edison was a dishonest individual who never invented anything*), but your story about your college friend is sad/sweet, and your cat looks nice

I'm a dog person, but only because Cats do not seem to enjoy my presence. I was attacked by one as a kid and it's kind of hard to get past something like that. Now whenever I'm around them I feel freaked out.. and I think they can sense that.

*It's just been on my mind alot lately since I watched BTTF which opens with a shot of a framed Edison photo on Doc Brown's wall. Brown of all people should understand what Tesla went through. It made me mad at Zemeckis, and it would not have been fair to use your cat as a soap box for my rant about 19th century inventors.

PS V:

Solid name there. Good choice.
                          Last edited by Kate; 02-27-2010, 06:25 PM.

Comment

*It's just been on my mind alot lately since I watched BTTF which opens with a shot of a framed Edison photo on Doc Brown's wall. Brown of all people should understand what Tesla went through. It made me mad at Zemeckis, and it would not have been fair to use your cat as a soap box about for my rant about 19th century inventors.
                            MIND=BLOWN

EDIT:

True... we look askance(79 points... double word score!) on members of the F.O.F.* here.

*Friends Of Faraci
                            Last edited by V; 02-27-2010, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
                              MIND=BLOWN

EDIT:

True... we look askance(79 points... double word score!) on members of the F.O.F.* here.

*Friends Of Faraci

I don't think he'd call himself a friend of mine. I just happen to think when it comes to journalism, he's a pretty good journalist. But I don't want to rock the boat here so I'll shut up about that now. (Sorry B_Metal!!)
                              Last edited by Kate; 02-27-2010, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• No worries...

We all agree.

Journalist? Top drawer.

Human being? Total failure.

Comment

Working...
                                X