Best Avatars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
    And your signature too! Dude, you've "LOST"ed yourself up - excellent! I always wanted to find an avatar of her pissed off and pointing a gun, because she does it quite often, and looks damn cool doing it. But I could never find one!

Now me? I'm just wondering if my avatar is too old for anyone to get the reference, or if they find it just not funny...
    Are you kidding?! I love that movie! Oh Sam, let me take a look at you. Fred, she's gotten her boobies.
    If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lesley View Post
      Are you kidding?! I love that movie! Oh Sam, let me take a look at you. Fred, she's gotten her boobies.
      Oh, thank goodness - I was afraid I went too "old" on you guys!

Do you know what utterly random part of that movie I love? It's not even one of the better known parts, but I noticed it, and it still just freaking slays me (well, that whole movie slays me, so it's not anything new). The part when the prom queen gets her hair stuck in the door, so Jami Gertz and the other drunk chick crawl over to check out the situation and go get the scissors so they can cut her hair out of the door, rather than just - of course - opening it. So as they're leaving, the one drunk chick goes, "Okay, we'll be right back" - and Jami Gertz pats the prom queen really hard on the thigh a few times and bellows, "Don't go away, Carolyn-baby!" Oh my god, I laugh so hard! That just kills me! Everytime I see Jami Gertz, no matter what role she's in, I crack up thinking about that part.
      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Lisa, me and the wifey just watched An Affair to Remember on V-Day. She cried, and I got choked up. You are definitely not going too old for us.
        Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
        John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Thanks, Ari! Although, I've mentioned "Sixteen Candles" to people in their 20s who haven't seen it. And I'm like, "Oh, man, classic comedy!" Which to me, it is, but I was 20 when it came out. I'm not sure if, say, my college-age nieces and nephews would consider John Hughes films as classics the way I do. "All About Eve", sure. But I'm not sure if they know who "The Donger" is!
          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• No more yanky-me-wanky, the Ari has to eat.

Comment

• Automobile??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tktNZpUTMoQ

Comment

• I truly love you guys - I am among my people! Anyone who can find the clip of John Cusack and the other nerd getting ready to take the picture of Ted and the prom queen in the Rolls has my undying gratitude.

"Oh, but wait, wait... wouldn't black and white just capture the moment so nicely..."
                "Awwwww!!!!"
                "WOULD YOU GUYS JUST TAKE THE PICTURE!" (*throws beer can*)

Comment

• I'll take that bet, Lisa!

Also, here's Sixteen Candles... with bunnies!

Comment

• OMG, you got it?? I can't wait to get home! Damn office-blocked film clips!

This is why Tim is Duckie Dale for me! I can always count on him for 80s and 70s stuff! You just got my undying gratitude, and rep!
                    Last edited by Lisa; 02-19-2010, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
                      I always preferred Sheedy over Ringwald myself.
                      My first girlfriend looked like Sheedy. Which, of course, was awesome. I had such a thing for Ringwald back in school, though.
                      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• I was in my early days of college, and I used to model my whole "look" after a combo of Ringwald and Madonna in her "Material Girl" phase.

Comment

I was in my early days of college, and I used to model my whole "look" after a combo of Ringwald and Madonna in her "Material Girl" phase.
                          I still do.

Comment

• You can borrow all my old stuff, but I want it BACK when you transition into your "Early Pat Benatar" phase in a couple of years.
                            Last edited by Lisa; 02-19-2010, 12:46 PM.

Comment

• Done and done!

Comment

I was in my early days of college, and I used to model my whole "look" after a combo of Ringwald and Madonna in her "Material Girl" phase.
                                Did that get you a mad male following? For some girls here, that sort of thing seems to be quite the done thing now. When I was at high school, though, those sorts of girls didn't have many male admirers. Which, being a big fan of said girls, I was more than happy about.
                                "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                                X